3 months ago
Global is one of the world’s leading media & entertainment groups and Europe’s largest radio company. At Global, we work hard, we’re obsessed about the detail in everything we do and most of all we’re proud to be known for employing some of the best talent in the industry.
As the country’s leading commercial radio business, Global is home to some of the biggest and most loved media brands in the UK; Heart, Capital, Classic FM, Smooth LBC, Radio X, Capital Xtra and Gold. Every week, Global brands reach more than 31 million people, including more than 25 million on the radio alone.
Global has more than 1,600 people working at 25 broadcast centres around the UK and offices in New York, Paris & Hamburg. We’re a dynamic company who look for like-minded and passionate people to join the business.
Marketing Manager – Global’s Make Some Noise
We’ve recently wrapped up our biggest Make Some Noise Day yet, raising more money than ever before and creating even more fantastic fundraising content. We’re looking for someone to help smash our records again next year.
Make Some Noise is the official charity of Global, the media and entertainment group. The charity uses Global’s much loved radio brands – including Heart, Capital, Radio X, Classic FM, LBC, Smooth and Gold – to give a voice to small projects across the UK that don’t get heard.
The Marketing Manager will create and implement Make Some Noise’s marketing and digital strategy, driving awareness and consideration as well as creatively enhancing our fundraising initiatives.
The role encompasses all aspects that shape the charity’s brand including overseeing website, social, video production, design assets, products, CRM and advertising materials. You will be central to each of these disciplines, from setting the strategy to execution and delivery.
It’s a big role in a small team. You’ll need to be prepared to get stuck-in, which could mean anything from writing copy and posting Tweets to editing the website and scheduling a CRM campaign.
Understanding GMSN’s audiences, finding new ways to communicate with them and identifying their fundraising potential is a key objective.
Our big October charity appeal is the centrepiece of the Marketing Manager’s year. In an extremely fast-paced environment, you will be required to build an innovative, comprehensive multi-platform strategy and use project management principles to ensure all elements are delivered on time and to a high standard.
At other times of the year, you will lend your expertise to enhance other fundraising and brand-led initiatives, including our gala evening, Global’s Make Some Noise Night.
You’ll be an exceptional communicator, adept at creating briefs for external agencies as well as building strong relationships with their Global counterparts in the PR, marketing, video, digital and social teams.
Reporting to the Head of Group Campaigns, this is a senior role within a fast-growing team, responsible for one direct report and additional line-management responsibilities at peak times.
What you’ll do
This is a wide-ranging, hands-on role. One day you could be working on a new CRM strategy or developing the tone of voice for the brand, the next you might be researching images for our website and booking celebrities for a shoot. Here’s a flavour:
* Define the overall creative tone of the campaign, products and the wider Make Some Noise brand.
* Find innovative ways to tell GMSN’s story across multiple channels.
* Provide creative direction of video and audio projects.
* Use celebrity and Global talent to create impactful activations.
* Engage and inspire Global teams including PR, Marketing, Talent and Digital, and manage inventory across Global’s channels.
* Create a pipeline to ensure we’re strategically planning 18 months in advance for appeals.
* Develop and share insight into our audiences and supporters; drive forward the implementation of new systems to enable a sophisticated approach to CRM. Ensure this activity is consistent with GDPR and charity guidelines.
* Identify and utilise new digital platforms for the benefit of the brand.
* Write copy and ensure the website content is engaging and relevant.
* Develop Make Some Noise’s digital and social initiatives.
* Create and execute our CRM strategy.
* Carefully manage a tight budget, driving fundraising income ensuring a return on investment and providing forecasting and reporting as needed.
* Lead the implementation of paid-for social & search advertising, utilising external agencies where necessary.
* Keep up to date with and adhere to Global’s, Make Some Noise’s & industry rules and regulations.
* Inspire and motivate your direct report, the Marketing Executive, ensuring their output is to a high standard. Plan ahead and make the case for additional resources, when needed.
You’ll have the following experience
A full understanding of marketing and digital strategy and techniques, particularly brand strategy and through-the-line implementation.
You will be in touch with your creative side and not over-reliant on external agencies to do the thinking for you.
Demonstrable experience of maximising the impact for marketing activity with limited resources.
Setting success matrices and reporting performance.
A track record of developing innovative and effective brand communication campaigns across all media channels.
Substantial experience in managing and developing major brands in a complex business or broadcast environment.
Experience of managing budgets and using resources effectively.
Leading high profile initiatives using sound project management principles.
Briefing and pitching to senior stakeholders.
Writing strong copy for a variety of media, such as online, social, press releases, presentations and video briefs.
Knowledge of website content management platforms, e.g. Wordpress, and the management of CRM databases and emails.
Previous charity experience in a senior marketing or digital role is an advantage
You’ll have these skills
* Self-motivated with the ability to stay positive within a pressured, fast-paced environment.
* Great communication, influencing and negotiation skills at all levels, internally and externally.
* Brilliant at planning and highly organised, with strong attention to detail and ability to work under pressure, often to tight deadlines.
* Personal resilience.
* Being highly literate is essential as well as confident in your analytical and numerate ability.
* A desire and hunger for continuous learning of best marketing practice.