Calling all UK Frontline Marketing Managers! Would you like to become part of our success story?
We are proud to be a lifting pioneer success story based in Chepstow, South Wales. Our team of over 50 colleagues is continuing to grow, and we are delighted to be holders of four prestigious Queen’s Awards for Enterprise in International Trade and Innovation.
For over 20 years’ we’ve grown into the industry leader for the design and manufacture of innovative and portable lifting solutions worldwide. We play our part to turn challenges into opportunities that give our customers’ lifting solutions. We understand that for our business to grow, our people must grow.
We therefore have an amazing opportunity for a Marketing Manager to become a part of our continuing global development and success.
Role Profile for Marketing Manager
Reid Lifting want to increase their global profile, grow global markets, maximise opportunities for lead generation and better support it’s international customer base. We therefore wish to recruit a Marketing Manager with a strong focus on; creating innovative ways to showcase our world class product range, increase our PR footprint, maximise our website and brands, seek out and manage exhibition opportunities, support our sales team.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the role will be based in Chepstow, with a requirement for travel both in the UK and also to International Markets, for research, customer liaison and exhibitions.
The mission for the Marketing Manager is to ensure that Reid Lifting grows its’ profile so that the company can meet its strategic aim of becoming the worlds leading solution provider of lightweight, portable and safe lifting and access systems. In short to achieve the maximum potential of Reid products and services in each of the territories in which the company trades, measured by doubling sales over the next 4 years.
- To lead a small team and manage external third party resources to ensure that marketing projects and initiatives are delivered to specification, on time and on budget.
- To deliver market intelligence by providing market and segment insights for the territories that the business trades in or wishes to trade in.
- To develop engaging website and social media content, including localisation of materials, micro-websites, campaigns to ensure Reid Lifting is found by end user segments looking for lifting products in each of the territories in which the business trades or wishes to trade, in support of direct business and distribution channels.
- To develop and enforce brand guidelines through Reid’s market channels.
- To work with the sales team to develop marketing initiatives in support of key distributors and channels.
- To identify, organise, manage and deliver exhibition opportunities around the world.
- To develop virtual sales pitches using video, to enable Reid’s product range to be showcased anywhere in the world at the touch of a button.
- To develop case studies and press releases to show the capabilities and applications for Reid’s products and to ensure maximum exposure through various media.
- To manage all of Reid’s marketing collateral, ensuring that it is kept up to date and accessible for the benefit of those who rely on it.
- To utilise the business’ CRM system to create and manage campaigns and measure the success or otherwise of them.
- To be responsible for overseeing and managing all customer communications, including the provision of social media guidelines for employees.
- To collaborate with other group businesses to seek out new opportunities and to ensure that the business continues to meet the needs of customers and maintain a market leading position.
- To provide regular reports on the teams performance against objectives and KPI’s and to be an active member of the Management Team.
Competencies and Characteristics:
- A creative thinker that is big on execution
- Marketing Degree (2:1 or above)
- Has worked in an international manufacturing business, ideally with industrial market experience and has product management experience (directly or indirectly).
- Analytical – seeks to understand results and outcomes
- Able to think strategically about business outcomes and what is required for success
- Able to collaborate with and get the best out of colleagues
- Assertive without being abrasive. Able to keep all members of the team on track.
- Superb communication skills; written, listening, presenting, speaking
- Inquisitive and proactive
- Thrives on ownership and accountability
- Project management and project leadership
- Highly efficient
- Highly enthusiastic about social media opportunities and understands how to apply them for business success
- Experience in producing corporate videos
- Experience in delivering and running exhibitions and can demonstrate success
- Capable of managing a budget and effectively allocating resources for maximum return
- To be able to work competently under pressure without loosing your head
- Attention to detail and excellence are core disciplines
- Loves a deadline
- Able to travel overseas as required to fulfil the role requirements
This cross-functional role will see you working closely and collaboratively with:
- Technical Support
- Sales & Customer Service
- Global Market Segments
- Customers and other group businesses
- Press and social media partners
- Industry bodies
- Base salary up to £45,000 per year
- Enrolment in Company Bonus scheme
- Enrolment in Company Healthcare Scheme
- Enrolment in Company Pension Scheme
- Business expenses