Oxentia was formed in 2004, as an operating division of Oxford University Innovation, the technology transfer office (TTO) of the University of Oxford, specifically to transfer the innovation management knowledge built up in a company successfully (and profitably) commercialising technology from academic research, to other organisations, worldwide. Now an independent company, owned by the staff and management, Oxentia delivers consultancy, training and programme management in over 65 countries.
Oxentia is an established business, employing 22 highly skilled Consultants based in Oxford, with a turnover in the region of £3 million and average annual growth of 20%. Due to a team member relocation, we now have a vacancy for an ambitious and detailed-orientated Marketing Manager, to based in our Oxford office.
The role of Marketing Manager reports directly to the Commercial Director and is responsible for the design and implementation of marketing campaigns to support the company’s growth and the objectives of client projects. The Marketing Manager will work closely with the Consultant team to identify opportunities to engage with our audiences, producing marketable content that achieves the overall objectives of Oxentia’s marketing strategy.
Listed below are the key responsibilities of the role. This list is not exhaustive and the post holder will be expected to complete tasks reasonably requested by their line manager. The company has a strong culture of “pitching-in” when needed to achieve overall goals as part of our objectives to be a high- performing team.
1. Managing marketing campaigns
• Leading the marketing campaign process, working with the Commercial Director to: set objectives, define audiences and channels, launch, manage and evaluate campaigns around the companies services and the needs of client projects.
• Coordinating multiple campaigns, using digital and offline marketing channels to achieve campaign objectives.
• Analysing results and identifying opportunities for future improvements in campaign content, delivery and management.
• Working with the Commercial Director and Operations Director to streamline company marketing processes.
• Contributing to the development of the marketing strategy, and knowledge of digital marketing across the company.
2. Supporting digital marketing & events
• Maintain the company’s digital marketing channels, currently: website, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
• Maintaining and developing the company case study library by ensuring a case study is written for each completed project, agreed with the project manager, and permission obtained from the client to use in either a confidential or non-confidential format.
• Engage the Consultant team to support the development of a culture of customer-focused marketing, identifying opportunities to promote the Oxentia brand through digital marketing channels.
• Taking ownership of the production and publication of the quarterly Oxentia eNews, collating content from the team, populating the newsletter template, and coordinating its distribution.
3. Creating a Strong team
• Playing an active part in creating a high performing team within the Group, e.g. positive participation in team meetings and company events, and undertaking additional tasks required by the business, as a member of the project support and administration team.
• Playing an active part in building strong professional relationships, and an environment which is positive, goal and action orientated.
• Supporting management in their efforts to build a successful team, raising concerns and disagreements with line management in a constructive way.
4. Support Staff
• Working constructively with the project support and administration team, providing clear information and requests in a timely manner and liaising with other members of the team to assist in prioritising group administrative work.
5. Manage Self
• Maintain high levels of self-organisation, working closely with the team to ensure campaign deadlines are met in a controlled fashion.
• Attend and engage with monthly reviews with line management.
• Proactively seek to develop personal skills and achieve personal metrics.
• Engage positively with annual appraisal reviewing personal performance against tasks, competencies and goals, and working with line management to set new goals.