4 months ago
Amazon Kindle Content is seeking a sharp, analytical, innovative Marketing Manager (m/f/d) with superb writing skills in German and English and merchandising savvy to join our team in Munich or London. The successful candidate will have a strong understanding of the current literary landscape and will be capable of developing bold merchandising initiatives that delight and engage customers. They will be detail-oriented and organised, capable of handling multiple projects at once, and comfortable dealing with ambiguity and rapidly changing priorities. Candidates must be successful both as individual contributors and in a team environment, and must be obsessed with serving the customer.
The Marketing Manager will be contributing to the development and execution of bold creative merchandising programs and will measure and analyse the performance of onsite, email, mobile and device programmes. Additional responsibilities include managing a small team, partnering with groups within Amazon to develop and leverage marketing programs, identifying new opportunities that align to team and cross-company goals, and managing projects that rely on close collaboration with technical and business teams within Amazon. Candidates should have strong knowledge of web analytics, superb writing and communication skills, and should be adept at learning new tools and systems. Our environment is fast-paced and requires someone who is flexible, detail-oriented, and comfortable working effectively in a deadline-driven work environment. This position is based in Munich.
· Contributing to the strategy, coordination, and execution of Kindle Content merchandising
· Analysing performance of content and email, always seeking ways to improve
· Analysing traffic patterns and proposing optimization solutions for seasonality, relevance, and selection
· Driving site improvements implementation to completion by coordinating with project managers, web developers, designers, marketers, and other merchandisers
· Fluent German language skills required. Fluent English language skills required.
· BA/BS required
· Several years relevant work experience in online marketing, site management/merchandising, or product management
· Experience managing and motivating teams, including performance management and development
· Exceptional written and communication skills
· Proven analytical and numerical aptitude and the ability to use customer research, data and metrics to assess the efficacy of marketing programmes
· Knowledge of HTML, XML, and Excel
· MBA from a top tier university or comparable degrees strongly preferred.
· Advanced Excel skills
· Relevant experience in online merchandising
· Proficiency with HTML and XML, plus the ability to learn our in-house analysis tools quickly
· Excellent project management skills, including work prioritization, planning, and task delegation
· Demonstrated ability to define and successfully deliver complex projects
· Ability to deal with ambiguous problems and build solutions with proper project management
· Ability to think and react in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
· Ability to influence multiple stakeholders and lead cross-functional projects across category or other departments