3 months ago
Marketing Manager - London Art Fair and New Designers
Overall Job Purpose
We are looking for a brilliant Marketing Manager (MM) to work across the Art & Design Portfolio (London Art Fair and New Designers). London Art Fair is the premier UK art fair for modern and contemporary art and takes place annually at the Business Design Centre, bringing together over a hundred leading international galleries – showcasing exceptional work from both leading figures and emerging talent. New Designers is the UK’s most important exhibition for graduate design, ensuring that the lifecycle of the design industry continues and thrives.
The purpose of this role is to manage, plan and implement a targeted marketing campaign to engage relevant audiences, achieving targets set for quality, quantity and revenue from both visitors and exhibitors. Gain an in-depth understanding of the market, audience and unique proposition of each event. Develop and implement a strategic marketing plan including budgeting, and motivate and manage the Senior Marketing Executive, VIP Relations Manager, temporary staff and external resources (PR, box office, media buying, design and print).
Check out the London Art Fair:
* Create and manage marketing budget
Deliver Show marketing targets
Develop Strategic marketing plans and compelling visitor proposition
* Plan, manage and deliver multi-channel marketing campaigns including print and online advertising, direct mail, email, sales promotions and partnerships, social media and PR campaigns.
* Participate in show 3 year planning
* Effectively manage Marketing team
* Analyse previous campaigns and undertake research to understand the events and audiences fully.
* Provide strategic insight to support the development of the shows in both the short, medium and long term and produce the marketing budget with the Event Director.
* Plan and implement exhibitor sales and marketing campaigns in liaison with Sales Team.
* Produce sponsorship material to support the Sponsorship and Sales Team and provide creative input into potential sponsorship agreements.
* Develop and agree briefs for external agencies and suppliers including; creative, box office, print and media buying and PR.
* Manage the creation and production of impactful marketing materials
* Appoint and manage agencies and suppliers, securing comparative, best- buy deals on an on-going basis.
* Develop and maintain professional relationships with media partners, trade associations and other relevant professional organisations.
* Oversee the development and maintenance of visitor databases.
* Produce post-show reports, analysing the effectiveness of the campaigns, gaining further insight into the events and make informed recommendations for their strategic development.
* Network within the industries to gain contacts, build industry knowledge and understand how we maintain a competitive edge in attracting audiences across each event as exhibitors, sponsors and visitors.
Knowledge, Experience & Competencies
* Significant experience as a Marketing Manager
* Financial Planning and budget management
* Prompt & Accurate reporting
* Market & industry knowledge
* Marketing channel understanding & Execution