3 months ago
We are the AA. And we keep everyone’s show on the road. There for our customers wherever and whenever they need us, we’re always ready for anything. That’s why, for over 100 years, we’ve continued to evolve and adapt. Today, as the nation’s number one motoring organization, we offer a range of excellent products and services to millions of customers.
Salary: up to £35,000 (pro rata)
Full time, 6 month fixed term contract
This is the job
The purpose of this role is to:
Support new marketing communications projects
* Create and update communications to support new project or business requirements and business transformation (Change Request) needs. Ensure requirements are fully understood and translated into correct marketing communications (by channel).
* Manage briefing, approval, testing and sign off for new and updated comms
* Attend update meetings with relevant teams and ensure work delivered on time
Ensure efficient and robust processes and reduced risk for communications
* Undertake and support fault/defect investigations and their resolution. Create and deliver apology communications as required, involving compliance and business approval, and liaising with systems teams, call centre and other stakeholders
* Maintain strong links with systems team, call centres and business transformation team on issues, priorities and resolution.
Deliver better communications process
* Support marketing teams by providing correct documentation, triggers and customer journeys as required for existing communications
* Review current communications and recommend changes. Manage changes and identify opportunities to reduce cost, or improve customer experience
* Monitor fault reports for document failures and take appropriate action to resolve.
* Understand schedules for automated communications. Make changes and raise change requests for new releases as required
What will I be doing?
* Supporting the transformation and new system development for in-life activity including testing support for developments and ongoing Change Requests. Work with in-life team for sign off of new communications
* Carrying out investigation of incidents which may require apology mailings related to in-life activity, including working upstream to minimise these mailings and share understanding of impact of such activity, including defining the action that needs to be taken and by who, defining a long term solution, liaising with Compliance, sourcing a customer data file with the right information, writing getting approval on copy, arranging for it to be sent out and arranging for an update to be made on the Member’s policy.
* Updating key marketing messages, substantiations and caveats in Road communications based on approved Marketing Log updates. Manage ‘global’ updates to comms including signatures, addresses, phone numbers etc.
* Monitoring fault reports for document failures and take appropriate action to resolve including apology mailings, re-triggering comms, and raising faults or defects as required
* Creating a full understanding of all communications going regularly to members, and their key content.
* Using comms extractor tools to be provide up to date copies of documents as requested by various business and project teams. Maintain a ‘library’ of communications and triggers for different scenarios and in different systems
* Maintaining comms schedules and triggers
What do I need?
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
* Previous experience of working in a marketing communications team, cross-channel
* Good data and systems understanding. Knowledge of data transfers and XML required
* Change management and transformation skills to work within a change programmes
* Able to write decent copy and live and breathe brand tone of voice
* Understands the systems and processes in the AA
* Experience of working in a FCA regulated environment, maintaining a customer focused
* Ability to generate new ideas and specify requirements to resolve key business issues promptly and with positive impact to business processes and business objectives.
* Ability to manage and resolve issues, delivering suitable solutions within agreed timeframes
Education and Qualifications:
* Educated to degree level
* Management / marketing qualification CIM, IDM or equivalent is desirable
* Highly organised
* Good attention to detail
* Customer focused - really cares about the customer
* Strong team working skills - able to work well with other departments and business areas
* Able to work independently and within a team
* Creative thinker in addressing problems and opportunities