2 months ago
Do the right thing for our customers, our company and your career.
Global Merchant Services Marketing is dedicated to bringing buyers and sellers together and transforming how American Express is welcomed. GMS Marketing is responsible for driving growth, accelerating coverage and enhancing the value of American Express acceptance to merchants and Cardmembers at scale. We focus on enhancing our relationships with millions of merchants of all sizes and while focused on Europe, we also work with commerce hubs across the globe including the U.S, Canada, Latin America, the Caribbean, Europe and the Asia-Pacific region.
It is also critical for GMS Marketing to collaborate effectively with Card Issuing teams and other sister organizations across the Blue Box in order to fully harness the power of the closed loop via mediums including Custom Consulting, Offers, Recommendations, Multi-Merchant Campaigns, Digital Experiences and Brand Awareness. GMS Marketing partners with organizations including Client Management, Marketing Operations, Information Management, Enterprise Digital, Global Advertising and Brand Management and Global Servicing Network.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the GMS marketing team. This role specifically sits within the UK marketing team and is both a B2B and a B2C role. You’ll be responsible for building and maintaining marketing relationships with some of our largest merchants as well as implementing marketing on their behalf to American Express Cardmembers.
To do this you will be expected to understand the market in which your merchant operates in order to develop marketing solutions that deliver to their business objectives and at the same time meet American Express targets. Given this is a key partner facing role, you must have excellent communication, relationship building and presentation skills.
* Build marketing relationships between American Express and a broad range of high value merchants.
* Deliver best in class end-to-end marketing, from strategic planning through to implementation and results reporting.
* Partner with merchant client managers across a number of industry portfolios to leverage merchant contacts and proactively identify marketing opportunities.
* Identify merchants without marketing contacts, develop strategy to work all available communication channels and build B2B relationship.
* Analyse campaign results and learnings in order to optimize future campaigns.
* Maintain and secure on-going pipeline of marketing and offers.
* Be an American Express marketing channel expert (typical marketing channels utilised include direct mail, email, Amex Offers platform, digital media, events, social etc).
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
* Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
* Consumer marketing experience
* Proven client facing experience (external)
* Experience of working and managing large groups of stakeholders
* Experience in planning and executing tactical marketing campaigns, managing creative agencies and managing campaign budgets
* Be able to multi-task with the ability to prioritise effectively at the same time as managing both internal and external customers
* Proven ability to drive results
* Ability to build strong relationships
* Ability to handle objections and negotiate
* Proactive in nature, happy to challenge the status quo
* Self-motivated, ability to deliver without mandated deadlines
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team.on email@example.com orfree phone, subject to individual carrier charges). For Russia based candidates on.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Dec 5, 2018, 3:59:50 AM