3 months ago
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
* Experience in developing and leading strategy.
* Experience with quantitative analysis.
* Experience working in a management consulting firm, investment bank, or similar.
* Ability to collaborate cross-functionally, influence, and drive stakeholder alignment.
* Ability to think across disciplines, industries, cultures, and scenarios, with global a mindset.
* Ability to thrive in ambiguity and work in a fast-changing environment, with an entrepreneurial approach.
* Excellent problem-solving, analytical skills, and business judgment.
About the job
Whether you're on a consumer product (like Gmail, Search, Maps, Chrome, Android) or a business product (Google Ads, AdSense, Google Marketing Platform, Analytics), you take part in a complete marketing experience as you lead every facet of the product's journey. From determining positioning, naming, competitive analysis, feature prioritization and external communications, you help shape the voice of the product and help it grow a consumer base. This means you work with a cross-functional team across Sales, corporate communications, legal, webmasters, product development, engineering and more. In this role, you'll be involved with product marketing strategy from beginning to end.
Be part of building EMEA Marketing at Google, an increasingly important driver of business success for the company across all products from Search and Ads to Hardware, Android, Google Assistant, YouTube and emerging businesses. Strategy and Operations is a core team of business thinkers who support the EMEA Chief Marketing Officer in setting EMEA strategy, building the operational capabilities to scale with a rapidly growing function, and optimizing business growth.
As a Marketing Strategy and Operations Lead, you will work with teams and collaborate cross-functionally with key leaders across Marketing, Product, Finance, and Sales to solve challenges, advocate priority projects, and drive greater operational rigor.
Flexible working hours may be considered for this position.
Know the user. Know the magic. Connect the two. At its core, marketing at Google starts with technology and ends with the user, bringing both together in unconventional ways. Our job is to demonstrate how Google's products solve the world's problems--from the everyday to the epic, from the mundane to the monumental. And we approach marketing in a way that only Google can--changing the game, redefining the medium, making the user the priority, and ultimately, letting the technology speak for itself.
* Identify high priority strategic questions (that typically span multiple product areas) whether it be coming up with a long-term investment strategy for a region or a holistic investment proposal for a Product Area.
* Lead a team of analysts (direct and/or indirect) to answer questions with strategic insights leveraging internal/external data, insights, competitive intelligence, consumer trends, etc.
* Deliver the recommendations to key stakeholders and gain buy-in on recommended next steps.
* Build strategic answers and insights into EMEA annual plans to help identify key priorities for Google to invest marketing resources across EMEA, and the key success metrics for those investments and goals.
* Help identify the accurate resource al