6 months ago
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
* Experience in an analytical, problem solving, strategic project management role, working with data to identify trends and to make recommendations.
* Experience in building high performance, psychologically safe teams
* Advertising or marketing effectiveness measurement and analytics experience.
* Good knowledge of general marketing (including brand marketing), online advertising solutions and the online media landscape
* Proven ability to influence senior stakeholders
* Ability to identify opportunities across our advertiser base and develop strategic plans for measurement and analytics
About the job
Being an Analyst at Google is about much more than simply crunching numbers – it’s about finding compelling insights within data and using your exceptional business and communication skills to translate those insights into action. As one of the masterminds behind our strategic planning, forecasting and analysis, you’ll spend your time digging into big, complex data sets. The data will not remain inert in your hands, however, since you’ll use your critical thinking, problem solving and communication skills to influence and drive thoughtful and well-informed decision making with our most senior business leaders within the organization, and potentially some of our biggest clients.
The Measurement and Analytics team exists to prove the value of Google Media. We use a range of analysis techniques, measurement products and methods to help advertisers understand what they should do with Google and if it worked.
Your knowledge of online media combined with your communication skills and analytical abilities shapes how new and existing business grow. Using your influencing and relationship-building skills, you provide Google-caliber client service, evaluation, research and market analysis. You anticipate how decisions are made, persistently explore and uncover the business needs of Google's key clients and understand how our range of product offerings can grow their business. Working with them, you set the vision and the strategy for how their advertising can reach and be effective with thousands of users.
Our Large Customer Sales teams partner closely with many of the world’s biggest advertisers and agencies to develop digital solutions that build businesses and brands. We enjoy a bird’s eye view on the massive transformation occurring as advertising shifts to mobile and online platforms. We're uniquely situated to help shape how companies grow their businesses in the digital age. We advise clients on Google's broad range of products across search, video and mobile to help them connect instantly and seamlessly with their audiences.
* Build and develop a team of Measurement Specialists and Analysts. Define aspirations, strategy and goals, foster collaboration (particularly across Customer Solutions & Analytics (CSA)), facilitate specialization development, unify approaches, manage utilization, ensure knowledge sharing.
* Collaborate with Sector director and other sales partners to define and lead the analytical and measurement agenda for our clients.
* Play a lead role in driving customer facing measurement and analytical conversations, while also handling some of the more senior customer interactions directly.
* Partner with external-facing analytical and measurement contacts including research and industry partners.