A well established and innovative product design consultancy, based in the heart of Shakespeare's County in Warwick. Through expansion, we are seeking a number of experienced Mechanical Design Engineers to organically grow our consultancy after winning many New Product Design (NPD) projects.
SALARY: Up to £40,000 dependant on experience
· Bi-Annual Bonus up to 16%
· Paid Overtime
· Annual Leave rising with service, up to 40 days (inclusive of Bank Holidays)
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Coventry, Northampton, Birmingham, Stratford Upon Avon, Coventry, Birmingham, Worcester, Wolverhampton, Leicester
JOB SPECIFICATION: Mechanical Design Engineer - NPD : Product Design
· Being an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer you will have already gained practical experience in product design from conceptual ideas (NPD). This could be a blank piece of paper exercise
· Where you are in your design and development career, you will be able to support Senior and Lead Mechanical Engineers on the mechanical aspect of product design, but lend your vital knowledge and experience to more Junior Mechanical Engineers. We do take on Graduates Mechanical Engineers, so we have to have a good breadth of experience within our mechanical design and development teams
· You will be able to work with our clients (OEM's) to help develop their ideas from scratch and make them reality
· Work with our in-house engineering support team of: Model Makers , CNC Machinists, Toolmakers and the Test Laboratory
REQUIREMENTS: Mechanical Design Engineer - NPD : Product Design
· A Degree (B.Eng) in Mechanical Engineering (ideally an M.Eng) from a University recognised for Mechanical Engineering
· A proven New Product Development (NPD) background, ideally working for another consultancy or an OEM. Many of our engineers come from Medical, Consumer Goods, Industrial and the emerging Electric Vehicle markets.
· Competent 3D modelling skills (we use SolidWorks but you might have experience in Solid Edge, Pro Engineer or AutoCAD etc. We are open if you are the right Mechanical Engineer)
· Finite element analysis (FEA) experience (we use ANSYS here)
Also of benefit would be strong A'Levels in related subjects i.e. Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry - but this is less important the more experienced you are.
THE COMPANY / PROSPECTS:
We are an innovative product design consultancy based in the heart of England in Warwickshire. This is a wonderful part of the United Kingdom, and much more economical than London and the Oxbridge belt.
Our modern open plan offices are plush and our workforce is diverse offering you the freedom to be comfortable and a creative designer, with the option to hot-desk internally too. All of our projects are client driven. Many of our senior management team have risen from within the ranks - we always promote from within where possible - we offer such perks as paid over time or days off in lieu instead. We even have an on-site chef! Have you applied yet?
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Mechanical Design Engineer, product design, product development, SolidWorks, Mechanical Engineer.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our consultant James Coull quoting Mechanical Design Engineer - NPD : Product Design and reference JAC15570 to DD: +Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: +. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.