6 months ago
We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
“We are looking for a Media Coordinator to join the Media Management team within Sky Production Services – a mission critical team that is the central point of all content processing across Sky’s linear, VOD and OTT platforms“ ~Senior Manager of Content Services
As part of the Sky family, you’ll enjoy a generous pension and 25 days paid holiday. You’ll also have access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our award-winning Osterley campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
The Media Coordinator sits at the centre of all content processing across Sky’s linear, VOD and OTT platforms delivering the content our customers love. Acting as the focal figure for content operations, you will proactively manage long form and short form materials throughout Sky’s Broadcast system, adhering to TX critical deadlines.
The Media Coordinator will oversee the end-to-end process for all content processing at Sky, from coordinating ordering and delivery of materials from studios and distributors, through to managing the delivery of access services: subtitling and audio description that is required by broadcast legislation across all Sky channels, meeting Ofcom regulations.
- Handle delivery of Sky’s flagship Entertainment, Cinema and Sport content
- Coordinating on time delivery of linear and on demand content, working closely with many areas across Sky such as Planning, Scheduling and Playout
- Be responsible for building and maintaining internal and external relationships with various clients, studios and distributors
- Be responsible for the application of Access Services to Sky’s linear and on demand content
- Act as first line of support for Sky’s MAM system for over 3000 staff members in production teams across Sky and play a critical role in the sourcing, storage and archiving of media.
- Play a pivotal role in major projects, representing the department and wider business areas, ensuring that the customer is at the central point of all work being carried out.
- Rotation of responsibilities within the department to ensure you are always learning and developing your skills
- A high level of customer service and client focus
- The ability to demonstrate clear and concise communication skills with colleagues and customers alike
- Strong organisational skills to deal with and prioritise your daily workload
- The ability to assess, maintain and develop own performance and aid the team performance objectively against agreed productivity and quality targets
- Flexibility to work a shift pattern including weekends and night shifts
- Previous experience with media management or within a broadcast Media environment is highly advantageous
- A passion for the industry and a general understanding of broadcasting is essential
So, what are you waiting for? now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your criminal record check.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
A job you love to talk about