Their people make them. Join the UK’s leading dementia charity.
Our client is the UK's leading dementia charity. They provide information and support, improve care, fund research, and create lasting change for people affected by dementia.
Position: Media Officer
Location: Horsham, West Sussex
Contract type: Full Time, Fixed term ends 31st October 2019 (maternity cover)
Hours: 35 per week
Salary: £28,283 per annum
Closing date: 10am on Thursday 8th November
Interview date: Tuesday 13th November
About the role:
This post is key to raising the profile of the client and increasing understanding of dementia in the South East.
Key responsibilities include:
- Delivering and evaluating regional media relations activity that increases the profile of the charity and the issues associated with dementia
- Developing effective communication campaigns to increase understanding of dementia, working with important partners
- Working as part of area management teams to publicly communicate about the work of the organisation
- Build relationships with people living with dementia and their carers to help inform their work
- There is no staff line management required for this role, which will require some travel throughout the UK
They are looking for a tenacious, committed and ambitious media officer, hungry for a challenge. You will work autonomously and as part of different project groups to increase awareness of dementia in the South East. You will have an eye for a good news story and be creative in your approach to securing media coverage.
This role will give you a chance to really make a difference to people in the South East living with dementia who need their support.
Their employees work hard every day to make a true difference in people's lives. They are proud to support them with a range of benefits, recognition and many options to contribute to a strong work life balance. They also have various learning programmes to support you in your development and help you grow to realise your potential and shape a career with them.
Our client is committed to equal opportunities.
You may have experience of the following: Media Officer, Charity, Charities, Third Sector, PR, Public Relations, Campaign Management, Marcoms, Marketing Communications, Press Officer, Journalist, Journalism, Voluntary Sector etc.