5 months ago
Media Relations Manager - 6 month FTC
6 month FTC
We are looking for a Media Relations Manager to join our Global Client Solutions team in London on a 6 month fixed term contract to identify and deliver PR opportunities for Aviva Investors through print, broadcast, digital and social media channels as well as Reacting to events and opportunities, influencing media stakeholders to best effect. You will proactively work with both internal and external stakeholders to promote Aviva Investors’ corporate profile, products and services as well as working closely with external agencies to deliver high quality PR activity and project work.
* Protecting and promoting the reputation of Aviva Investors through proactive and reactive engagement
* Developing productive working relationships with journalists, PR agencies, suppliers
* Development and execution of communications plans that support business objectives
* Making sure budget is used in the most effective and efficient way
* Build key internal partnerships with stakeholders to gain a vision of their strategy and business drivers
* Ensuring clear management of reputational risk to Aviva Investors and promotion of media awareness of Aviva Investors strategy
* Ensuring that all internal risk, compliance and legal standards are met
* Drive efficiencies of governance and ensure any policies directly owned are effectively communicated, embedded and regularly reviewed
* Strong understanding of the regulatory landscape, legal and business risk implications of opportunities and decisions
* Prior experience in media relations within asset management and/or working in PR consultancy with financial services clients
* A track-record of developing and developing and implementing external communications plans
* Wide network of contacts across the investment and financial press, both globally and in the UK
* Issues management experience
* Excellent collaboration and influencing skills, working with both internal and external stakeholders
* Superb written and verbal communication skills
* Excellent project management and organisational skills
* Comfortable working with multiple competing (and frequently changing) priorities
* Practical regulatory knowledge – ensuring that all activity is always legally and ethically compliant in every geography where it is deployed
Aviva Investors is a global asset manager with expertise in real estate, fixed income, equity, multi-asset and alternative investments. We are proud to be a different kind of asset manager, with solutions based entirely around our clients’ needs, not ours. About us
Inclusion and diversity
We are a global organisation with thousands of employees and customers from different cultures. We’ve built our approach to inclusion and diversity on the principles of respect, valuing differences and inclusion.
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is bought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies. What’s important to us is that you are supported to do the best work of your life. Our culture and values
You will be assessed against the Aviva values: care more, kill complexity, never rest and create legacy.
We help our 33 million customers to save for the future and manage the risks of everyday life. To give these customers the best possible products and service we know we must make Aviva the most attractive choice for talented, entrepreneurial people with diverse backgrounds and an evolving range of expertise and insight.
So, we’re passionate about helping our 29,500 people to do the best work of their lives, to enable them to make a positive difference to the lives of our customers.