3 months ago
Amazon is looking for a Media Relations Senior Manager (f/m) with a strong track record of managing a press office in a fast paced environment. We are looking for an experienced communications professional who is self-motivated, with high judgement, to support our business in the UK. The successful candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day running of the Amazon UK press office and will be a key player within our European Issues Management team.
This individual will also have extensive experience in dealing with media contacts and national news desks. The Media Relations Senior Manager will have the ability to not only handle inbound requests but also has the skills to be proactive with media outreach and news generation.
The successful candidate (f/m) will benefit from a highly competitive salary and benefits package.
Key tasks will include:
· Managing the Amazon UK press office including handling of in-bound requests and proactive media outreach
· Developing and managing the execution of strategic public relations programs in support of Amazon’s business in the UK
· Delivering communications counsel to internal executives on both short- and long-term challenges and opportunities
· Effectively representing Amazon as a spokesperson
· Building excellent relationships with key media and bloggers
· Working within the EU issues team and with the US rapid response team to ensure company wide communication
· Creating and updating proactive communication materials
Amazon’s overall mission is simple: it is to be the place where customers can find, discover and buy anything online. Whatever customers want, Amazon will find the means to deliver it. With your help, Amazon will continue to enable people to discover new worlds and implement innovation. This is your chance to make history.
For this position we expect:
· Several years of experience working with journalists or as a journalist
· Excellent communication skills in English (oral and writing)
· Exercise high judgment, particularly in narrow time frames
· Work hard and smart
· Develop creative, effective approaches to difficult communications challenges
· Roll up sleeves and get work done, even when at times it’s outside the scope of the job
· Pay painstaking attention to important details
Further Qualifications would be a plus:
· Able to drive progress and form cohesion amidst ambiguity
· Able to communicate effectively with internal stakeholder teams and efficiently manage and problem solve any challenges that arise
· Able to multitask and prioritize own workload
· Able to thrive in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
· Enjoy to work with international business and PR teams
· Commitment and dedication to driving team goals
Sounds interesting? We look forward to your application. Please apply online and upload your CV and a letter of motivation in one document (max. 5 MB). By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.