5 months ago
Medical Leader- Immunology
Location : High Wycombe
At Janssen, we are
dedicated to addressing and solving some of the most important unmet medical
needs of our time in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases
and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases.
Driven by our commitment
to patients, we bring innovative products, services and solutions to people
throughout the world. Janssen is a pharmaceutical company of Johnson &
We are looking for high
caliber physicians to join the UK Medical Affairs Team to provide medical and
scientific advice to the business. The Medical leaders will play a
critical role in providing medical support to the Immunology franchises, with
an opportunity to make a real difference to the therapy area. Janssen has a
strong heritage in Immunology, providing innovative treatments for people.
To underline its commitment to these therapy areas, they have been
designated as Disease Area Strongholds within Janssen, thereby ensuring that
they receive particular focus in terms of pipeline development support and
candidates will Lead a medical therapy area team to develop and execute
strategy for both current and pipeline products and indications in Immunology
Provide insights around
key brand and marketplace themes/trends etc to UK MAF team, CVT and MAST, EMEA
and global teams to help optimise brand/therapy strategy, decision making on
current and future licence indications and enable internal and external customers
to make informed decisions.
Ensure all individuals,
strategies and processes are in compliance with all relevant guidelines and
THERAPY AREA KNOWLEDGE: 25%
* Review summarised literature searches, analysed clinical papers,
attend conferences, courses and other such events to be aware of the latest
scientific and clinical advances in relevant therapy areas.
* Attend courses and industry meetings, read industry publications
and discuss therapy area with colleagues to keep up to date with developments
within the pharmaceutical industry and pharmaceutical medicine.
* Monitor competitor promotional and scientific activities so as to
understand their ongoing strategies, as well as to assess their compliance with
the Code of Practice.
* Synthesize therapy knowledge and data to ensure Janssen therapy
area strategy is aligned and course correct where necessary
CUSTOMER/ EXTERNAL EXCELLENCE: 25%
* Meet with identified key customers and researchers on a regular
basis through meetings, conferences etc., as required to ensure alignment of
* Exchange disease area knowledge and opinions in order to
understand the emerging opinions
* Increase the customers understanding of Janssen products and
processes (e.g. clinical data, IIS, clinical trials, compliance processes),
according to their expressed interests and needs and to seek their advice on
the development of our products.
* Manage and maintain positive relationship with Key Opinion Leaders
and Deliver scientific and medical content for medical advisory boards.
* To be the point of contact for principal investigators proposing
investigator initiated studies (IIS) and manage such studies in collaboration
* Support comms dept with patient advocacy groups and their
initiatives e.g. responding to clinical interest, gathering insights. Have oversight of these
to identify themes
* Lead MAF engagement in the UK Country Value Team, feedback
insights from customers in order to contribute to cross-functional (marketing,
medical, outcomes research, BI and communications) brand team strategies.
Additionally, highlight key aspects of the clinical data so that they form the
basis of key marketing messages.
* Engage with internal stakeholders on topics of mutual interest in
order to encourage optimal use and/or understanding of Janssen products
* Network with the Global and EMEA Medical Affairs, R&D, GCO,
SKM, Medical Education and marketing teams to ensure free flow of information
and ideas between the different teams, while aligning objectives.
* Inform the Global and European teams by verbal and written
communications of the local country specific differences e.g. applicability of
ABPI Code of Practice in the UK, and of the potential impact these differences
may have on marketing of a product, feasibility of a clinical trial in a
* Clinical Trials: Read and amend study proposals to ensure any
trials are aligned with Global, Regional and local commercial strategies,
within a timely fashion as defined by ReCAP process and ensure relevance to
* Maintain expert knowledge of all relevant local country specific
differences, for example applicability of the ABPI Code of Practice in the UK,
and the potential impact these differences may have on marketing a product,
performing a clinical trial in that country or holding an educational event
* Provide support to enable their team to undertake their
activities. This may take the form of general or technical advice, and will
also include facilitating their personal development as well as facilitating
progression through the organisation.
* Lead the development of the MAF strategy for allocated therapy
area Support the development of compliant materials, aligned to ABPI and HCBI
* Lead MAF engagement with UK CVT and other internal and external
stakeholders to ensure compliance with the necessary Codes of Practice and Laws
governing the promotion and sale of medicines within the UK and Ireland.
* Review (non signatory) (signatory) of materials submitted for copy
* marketing/comms) If SA is a pharmacist, they can be a signatory
for promotional material only.
* In the event of any potential breaches of the Code of Practice,
lead the complaints procedure to defend the position of Janssen including
engaging in inter-company dialogue and representation at PMCPA hearing if necessary.
* Medically qualified physician
with post registration clinical experience.
* Commercially astute with good communication
* Prior experience working the
field of Immunology strongly preferred.
* Prior Industry experience
* A desire to succeed in the
Medical Affairs environment.
* Strong team player with the
ability to motivate others and succeed in a highly integrated group
* Strong Leadership and line
We respectfully request
Government Officials to identify themselves as such on application; for the
purpose of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act. If you decide to apply for the
position, any personal data which you provide shall be processed by
Janssen-Cilag Ltd, a Johnson & Johnson company. Your personal data
shall be processed for the purposes of recruitment, recruitment policy and
United Kingdom-England-High Wycombe-
Janssen Cilag Ltd. (7360)