about 1 year ago
As a Merchandising Manager, you will help build and maintain Google Play's merchandising program on handsets, web and tablets. Based on your digital content retail experience, you will coordinate and launch effective online features and promotions. You bring to the table strong retail instincts, sharp analytical abilities, and impeccable oral and written communication skills. You are comfortable working cross-functionally with product, design, marketing, engineering, and other teams to develop an innovative user experience. It’s important that you be able to work both independently and collaboratively to develop new content features and scalable merchandising processes. You’ll also have a track record for successful prioritization, meeting critical deadlines, and enthusiastically tackling challenges with an eye toward problem solving.
In this role, you'll impact users managing merchandising (content programming) efforts for the Games vertical. As an expert on mobile games, user needs and the local ecosystem, you'll work with Merchandisers from other product areas on country strategy, Business Development groups on understanding needs of strategic partners, and Product and Engineering teams on supporting platform capabilities for gamers. You will set the strategy for and execute against merchandising and retail promotions for the Games vertical while continually analyzing metrics and optimizing the user experience.
Google Play offers music, movies, books, apps and games for your devices, powered by the cloud. It’s a Google approach to entertainment, syncing magically across your devices and on the web. As part of the Android and Mobile team, Googlers working on Google Play do everything from engineering our backend systems, to shaping the product strategy, to forming great content partnerships. They make it possible for people to do things like buy an ebook or song on their Android phone, then have it instantly available on their laptop. The Google Play team helps strengthen the overall Android ecosystem by giving developers and partners a premium store where they can reach millions of users.
* Define country merchandising strategy for the games vertical in Germany and other key EMEA markets.
* Manage strategy for editorial content and key partner co-promotion opportunities.
* Develop user insights for the games vertical, including understanding of game lifecycles and in-game events and growth activities.
* Analyze internal data, market research and industry trends to make content promotion and editorial decisions.
* Align with global stakeholders to execute against local, regional and global plans.
* BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
* Experience in a Merchandising, Marketing and/or Partnerships role for an online commerce or digital content business.
* Experience working with the German gaming industry.
* Ability to speak and write in English and German fluently and idiomatically.
* Experience working in function or company focused on mobile gaming.
* Ability to analyze research or performance data and analyses to optimize merchandising strategy.
* Ability to work with partners to develop co-promotion or cross-promotion strategies and campaigns.
* Ability to advise on strategies and product requirements to enhance merchandising capabilities.
* Effective analytical and communication skills, with a collaborative working approach.