9 months ago
Full time, permanent
We are the AA. And we keep everyone’s show on the road. There for our customers wherever and whenever they need us, we’re always ready for anything. That’s why, for over 100 years, we’ve continued to evolve and adapt. Today, as the nation’s number one motoring organization, we offer a range of excellent products and services to millions of customers.
This is the job
As the MI Analyst your role will be to support business management by providing accurate and timely management information. Deliver this information to all levels of management and key accounts through the provision of a proactive one stop MI consultancy service.
You will provide the business with consultancy for the design, development and provision of dashboard reporting to provide a bespoke MI self-service.
What will I be doing?
* Establish business requirements on an ongoing and project basis to identify the most appropriate reporting solution, resolving any issues/problems that arise.
* Interrogate a variety of data sources to produce high quality management information for all levels of management to support business decision making developments in accordance with agreed specifications and time scales ensuring any anomalies are resolved prior to distribution, for both scheduled and ad hoc requests.
* Proactively manage customer expectations and requirements ensuring that management information and analysis needs are met to agreed timescales and standards of accuracy. Identify trends and where appropriate, highlight and escalate problem areas or make recommendations for improvements to operational systems or procedures.
* Manage the needs of the customer from designing and producing new reports to analysing and improving existing reports and solutions to internal and external customer’s requirements, understanding how they will impact on the business.
* Continually monitor, amend and improve the accuracy and relevance of reports and systems ensuring delivery of business benefit.
* In line with business requirements, introduce new systems and metrics, including new definitions and rules, from analysis through design, development and testing to implementation.
* Provide advice and guidance to management on the interpretation of all information produced with specific reference to any impact on operational procedures making recommendations for change as appropriate.
* Undertake ad hoc tasks as directed by line management.
What do I need?
* Degree level of education.
* Strong working knowledge and experience with OBIEE - Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition
* Demonstrate an aptitude for Mathematics and Statistics, or have proven relevant work experience.
* Excellent knowledge of developing dashboard reporting using OBIEE
* Excellent knowledge of PC desktop systems, including ability to use Microsoft packages, particularly Excel and Access.
* Workable knowledge of computer coding.
* Good analytical skills and statistical knowledge.
* Excellent communication and presentation skills.
* Ability to use the full range of consultancy skills including, identifying, scoping, establishing appropriate solutions, delivery and feedback.
* Proactive results orientated managing self and team player.