2 months ago
MI Analyst – 6 Month FTC – Milton Keynes
MI Analyst – 6 Month FTC – Milton Keynes
South East England
Making banking easier for all of our customers
We have an exciting opportunity for an MI Analyst to join our team in Milton Keynes.
As the MI Analyst you will provide analysis and advice to the business on key issues and processes in medium risk areas; considering options, making recommendations and initiating change to improve processes. You will identify specific enhancements to modelling techniques, considering and refining methodologies/ forecasting.
You will be required to comprehensively understand the key business drivers to carry out analysis and forecasting, reporting on exceptions and trends to senior colleagues.
The role holder will act as a reference point for queries, establishing and maintaining effective relationships with internal customers.
We’re passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That’s why we’ve built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As an MI Analyst your main responsibilities will be:
* Aid in the day to day successful management of Retail Mortgage
* Minimise risk/financial loss and ensure compliance with legal/regulatory requirements
* Support the development of management information and processes to enhance the understanding of the Mortgage Channel to the Senior Management Team
* Analyse data, carrying out investigations/analysis into specific business areas/issues and produce reports, explaining variances and trend.
* Undertake analysis as directed on business as usual tasks and ad hoc tasks
* Undertake a full range of data modelling/analysis activities and evaluate business problems and scenarios, provide interpretation and management information
Minimum skills and experience required:
* Excellent numeracy skills to collate, model, interpret, analyse and report data.
* Advanced MS Excel, MS Access and VBA skills.
* Knowledge of SQL.
* Experience with Data modelling and Relational Databases is desirable.
* Ability to analyse problems and implement solutions/improvements
Salary – Competitive
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that’s flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
* Pension with generous contributions from Santander
* 30 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
* £6,000 car allowance per year
* Company funded Individual Private medical Insurance
* Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance for your family, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
* 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
* Benefits supporting you and your family, such as Childcare vouchers, voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness
* Access to an All Employee car scheme
* Excellent employee recognition schemes, be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
* Share in Santander’s success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
* Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
You’ll be based in one of our biggest offices in the UK, right in the heart of Milton Keynes, home to a range of key functions including Marketing, Finance and Risk and conveniently located only a short walking distance from Milton Keynes Central rail station and Shopping Centre. Offering an onsite gym, restaurant, coffee shop and banking facilities, the atmosphere is a vibrant one with plenty of opportunities to socialise and get involved in local community and charity work.
We’ll give you more than a job, we’ll give you a purpose – to help people and businesses prosper.
Our aim is to be the best bank for our people, customers, shareholders and communities and we’re making it happen by focusing on the behaviours that bring everyone together. By bringing passion, talking straight, embracing change, showing respect, speaking up, keeping promises, giving support, truly listening and actively collaborating, we believe we can really make a difference.
We’ve created an environment where we always put people first, that’s why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you’ll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What’s more, we’ll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn’t gone unnoticed and we’ve been listed as one of Britain’s Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you’re interested in then please apply on the link below.
Equal Opportunities Statement
Santander are an equal opportunities employer who are simple, personal and fair in everything we do. For more information on our commitment to equal opportunities, please visit our diversity page here.