4 months ago
Leeds Building Society is looking for a Mid Level Digital Developer to join our Digital Experience Department. You will be based at our Head Office in the heart of Leeds city centre.
About the role
As a Digital Developer you will be working cross-division with Society Development teams and third party technical providers you'll guide the production of front-end code to ensure solutions are delivered to our required standards and meet our exacting technical specifications. You will be responsible for hand coding the front-end User Experience for small and medium projects, with supporting roles in large Digital Change programmes.
Do you have the essential skills and experience for this role?
* Demonstrable significant experience in coding solutions for Responsive Design frameworks to an advanced level
* Experience in building/coding mobile apps (hybrid HTML or native) and Demonstrable significant experience in successful technical SEO development (practitioner level)
* Experience of delivery in Test Driven Development or a similar methodology and/or with automated test frameworks
* Strong level of experience within a digital development function/department or Digital agency.
* Degree (or equivalent experience) in Web Development/Design, Software Development/Delivery, Programmatic or a related field with a strong portfolio of front-end Development work
Have you seen our benefits and rewards package?
* Annual salary & performance related bonus
* 26 days annual holiday & annual holiday purchase scheme
* Health Shield cash plan
* Pension scheme & Life Assurance
* Exclusive colleague mortgage deals
* Annual volunteering day & long service awards
* Bus & train travel ticket loans & a Cycle Flex Scheme
* Recommend a friend scheme
Are you looking for a rewarding career? We see all colleagues as key to our success. Life at Leeds Building Society is both stretching and rewarding and we provide a wide range of training and development opportunities to help you build a successful career with us.
What do you know about Leeds Building Society?
We are the 5th biggest building society in the UK with 140 years of experience and we have every intention of getting better and better. We are totally committed to do what we were set up to do – to help people save money and to buy their own home.
We've won a whole host of awards over the years including Best Companies accreditation, which reflects our continued commitment to colleagues and the customer service they provide to our members. We work hard to develop a product range to try to meet our members' needs, and partner with numerous local communities and chosen charities.
We're not a bank – we're a mutual, which means we're owned by our members and are run exclusively in their best interests.
Leeds Building Society is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us.