3 months ago
Model Validation Quantitative Analyst – London
Model Validation Quantitative Analyst – London
Develop your career at the heart of our business
We currently have an exciting opportunity as a Model Validation Quantitative Analyst to join the Internal Validation team where you will be responsible for independently reviewing various models developed across the bank, highlighting areas of model risk and providing indications as to the magnitude of the risks found.
The Internal Validation Team has a diverse remit covering (but not limited to): Models used on Corporate, Retail and Wholesale Banking portfolios; Models used in the management of Credit, Conduct, Operational and Market risks; Models used to calculate Regulatory and Economic Capital, Stress Testing forecasts, Provisions, Pricing and Fraud; Models used for commercial purposes and Models subject to Basel and IFRS9 regulations.
We’re passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That’s why we’ve built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As a Model Validation Quantitative Analyst your main responsibilities will be
* Conducting independent reviews of newly developed and proposed models or methodologies, related to Basel (PD, LGD, EAD), stress testing, provisions, finance and other risk and non-risk areas
* Providing assurance that highly technical models are fit for purpose, and giving clear guidelines of any weaknesses or restrictions for use
* Reviewing technical documentation describing model development and validation whilst replicating developments, analysing performance and constructing challenger models
* Assessing adherence to the relevant regulatory guidance whilst working independently to deliver validation projects to deadlines
* To write technical documents describing the validation
Minimum skills and experience required
* Degree level or equivalent experience
* Proven track record of successful delivery within a modelling role
* Proven ability of conducting statistical analysis within a coding environment such as SAS, SQL, R or Python coupled with sound knowledge of regulatory compliance requirements such as Basel or IFRS9 (advantageous)
* Proven experience of interpreting technical documentation and producing written reports
* Excellent communication skills both written and verbal with the ability to influence key stakeholders coupled with excellent presentational skills
Salary is competitive
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that’s flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
* Pension with generous contributions from Santander
* 27 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 additional days per year
* Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
* 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
* Benefits supporting you and your family, such as Childcare vouchers, voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness cover
* Option to a Company car if you drive more than 8,000 business miles per year
* Access to an All Employee car scheme
* Excellent employee recognition schemes - be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
* Share in Santander’s success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
* Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
Our Triton Square office in London is conveniently located within walking distance from Euston Station and Warren Street Station. It’s one of our biggest offices in the UK and is home to a range of key functions for the bank from Marketing, Finance and Risk to Digital and HR. With an onsite gym, restaurant, coffee shop and banking facilities, the atmosphere is a vibrant one with plenty of opportunities to socialise and get involved in local community and charity work.
We’ll give you more than a job, we’ll give you a purpose – to help people and businesses prosper.
Our aim is to be the best bank for our people, customers, shareholders and communities and we’re making it happen by focusing on the behaviours that bring everyone together. By bringing passion, talking straight, embracing change, showing respect, speaking up, keeping promises, giving support, truly listening and actively collaborating, we believe we can really make a difference.
We’ve created an environment where we always put people first, that’s why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you’ll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What’s more, we’ll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn’t gone unnoticed and we’ve been listed as one of Britain’s Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you’re interested in then please apply on the link below.