3 months ago
Model Validation Quantitative Senior Analyst – London
Model Validation Quantitative Senior Analyst – London
Develop your career at the heart of our business
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Model Validation Senior Analyst to join our Model Validation team in Triton Square. This opportunity is extremely rare, as the role holder will be independently reviewing models from all areas of the bank; gaining an exceptional level of exposure.
The Model Validation team sits within Model Risk, alongside the Model Risk Control Team. Model Risk is a vital aspect of managing risk and it occurs across all areas of the bank.
The Internal Validation Team has a diverse remit covering (but not limited to):
* Models used on Corporate, Retail and Wholesale Banking portfolios
* Models used in the management of Credit, Operational and Market risks
* Models used to calculate Regulatory and Economic Capital, Stress Testing forecasts, Provisions, Pricing and Fraud
* Models subject to Basel and IFRS9 regulations
We’re passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That’s why we’ve built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As a Model Validation Senior Analyst your main responsibilities will be
* Reviewing technical documentation, describing model development and validation, whilst assessing adherence to the relevant regulatory environment
* Replicating developments, analysing performance and constructing challenger models
* Managing Analysts to deliver against targeted plans, whilst working independently to deliver validation projects to deadlines
* Ensuring that models are fit for purpose in accordance with company strategy and aims
* Presenting validation findings to approval committees
* Tracking and monitoring progress against validation recommendations
Minimum skills and experience required
* Track record of successful delivery in a statistical analysis or modelling role
* Proven ability to conduct statistical analysis in a coding environment such as SAS, SQL, R or Python
* Previous experience of interpreting technical documentation and producing written reports which convey technical information in an accessible manner, targeted to specific audiences
* Sound knowledge of regulatory compliance requirements such as Basel or IFRS9
* Excellent stakeholder management skills with the ability to communicate and influence at senior level
Salary - Competitive
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that’s flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
* Pension with generous contributions from Santander
* 30 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
* £6,000 car allowance per year
* Company funded Individual Private medical Insurance
* Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance for your family, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
* 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
* Benefits supporting you and your family, such as Childcare vouchers, voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness
* Access to an All Employee car scheme
* Excellent employee recognition schemes, be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
* Share in Santander’s success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
* Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
Our Triton Square office in London is conveniently located within walking distance from Euston Station and Warren Street Station. It’s one of our biggest offices in the UK and is home to a range of key functions for the bank from Marketing, Finance and Risk to Digital and HR. With an onsite gym, restaurant, coffee shop and banking facilities, the atmosphere is a vibrant one with plenty of opportunities to socialise and get involved in local community and charity work.
We’ll give you more than a job, we’ll give you a purpose – to help people and businesses prosper.
Our aim is to be the best bank for our people, customers, shareholders and communities and we’re making it happen by focusing on the behaviours that bring everyone together. By bringing passion, talking straight, embracing change, showing respect, speaking up, keeping promises, giving support, truly listening and actively collaborating, we believe we can really make a difference.
We’ve created an environment where we always put people first, that’s why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you’ll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What’s more, we’ll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn’t gone unnoticed and we’ve been listed as one of Britain’s Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you’re interested in then please apply on the link below.