3 months ago
Modelling Analyst – 6 Months FTC – Milton Keynes
Modelling Analyst – 6 Months FTC – Milton Keynes
South East England
Making banking easier for all of our customers
We have an exciting opportunity for a Modelling Analyst to join the Decision Science team based in Milton Keynes.
As the Modelling Analyst you will use mathematical and technical methodologies to provide quantitative analysis, supporting management, other risk departments and the business portfolio teams.
Credit Scoring is an essential tool in risk management and is used extensively across Santander UK to manage the risk of decisions made by the business. If you join Decision Science, developing and managing models, you will be right at the heart of what we do.
We’re passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That’s why we’ve built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As a Modelling Analyst your main responsibilities will be
* Building and managing risk models to support the business in lending to customers
* Communicating with the local business units to understand business requirements ensuring that models and model management deliver on these
* Understanding the nuances of products and systems and where the models are implemented, ensuring they are fit for purpose
* Reviewing the progress of analytical work and updating stakeholders
* Translating the results of the models into business language to ensure the business understands any assumptions, as well as the structure and outputs of the models
* Ensuring that the output is of sufficient robustness to withstand independent scrutiny and challenge by external regulators
Minimum skills and experience required
* High degree of mathematical literacy, with a 2:1 degree or equivalent in a numerate discipline (for example Maths, Statistics, Sciences, Engineering, Operational Research and Physics); with advanced computer literacy skills
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to engage across departments effectively and influence key stakeholders
* An aptitude for working with data, analysis, generating insights and formulating recommendations, with the ability to transform high-level requirements into focused and structured analytics
* Strong attention to detail with an excellent work ethic
* SAS experience
* Scorecard experience
Salary is competitive
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that’s flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
* Pension with generous contributions from Santander
* 27 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
* Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
* 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
* Benefits supporting you and your family, such voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness cover
* Option to a Company car if you drive more than 8,000 business miles per year
* Access to an All Employee car scheme
* Excellent employee recognition schemes - be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
* Share in Santander’s success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
* Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
You’ll be based in one of our biggest offices in the UK, right in the heart of Milton Keynes, home to a range of key functions including Marketing, Finance and Risk and conveniently located only a short walking distance from Milton Keynes Central rail station and Shopping Centre. Offering an onsite gym, restaurant, coffee shop and banking facilities, the atmosphere is a vibrant one with plenty of opportunities to socialise and get involved in local community and charity work.
We’ll give you more than a job, we’ll give you a purpose – to help people and businesses prosper.
Our aim is to be the best bank for our people, customers, shareholders and communities and we’re making it happen by focusing on the behaviours that bring everyone together. By bringing passion, talking straight, embracing change, showing respect, speaking up, keeping promises, giving support, truly listening and actively collaborating, we believe we can really make a difference.
We’ve created an environment where we always put people first, that’s why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you’ll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What’s more, we’ll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn’t gone unnoticed and we’ve been listed as one of Britain’s Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you’re interested in then please apply on the link below.
Equal Opportunities Statement
Santander are an equal opportunities employer who are simple, personal and fair in everything we do. For more information on our commitment to equal opportunities, please visit our diversity page here.