2 months ago
Modelling Governance Analyst
Skipton Principle Office, The Bailey
Skipton, North Yorkshire, BD23 1AP
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
Salary: £28,500 to £36,000 DOE
This is an excellent opportunity to join our vibrant Modelling Team, developing and maintaining the team’s governance processes, testing model changes and monitoring data quality. Robust model governance processes are essential for effective development, implementation and credibility of risk models, used to support key decisions across the Society. Our models are used in areas such as mortgage approvals, capital and impairment requirements and forecasting.
This opportunity is perfect for a creative, self-motivated individual, with excellent communication skills and an analytical mind set.
This role provides the opportunity to support key regulatory and strategic model development projects. You will be expected to develop robust model processes across the model lifecycle (from model development, through to implementation and monitoring), providing proportionate levels of control in a highly technical and creative team.
You will also be responsible for testing of model amendments, monitoring of data quality and ensuring that our change control processes are adhered to in practice.
A key aspect of the role will be communicating the benefits of enhanced governance processes to other team members and broader stakeholders. This will involve demonstrating the efficiencies that can be achieved through good governance and role modelling best practice.
You will work closely with key stakeholders such as Data and Information Services, Credit Risk, Business Change & Innovation and Internal/External Audit. The ability to absorb technical information with ease and communicate this to a range of audiences will be a key aspect of the role.
We are looking for someone who has an excellent eye for detail, a curiosity to learn and a willingness to provide constructive challenge. You will be highly motivated and capable of focussing on long term strategic initiatives and short term tasks simultaneously. You will be an effective communicator both written and verbal with the ability to influence outside your authority.
You will thrive in a dynamic, complex and sometimes ambiguous environment against a backdrop of evolving regulation. You will be an advocate for use of new technologies and methodologies to drive efficiencies in modelling processes and governance activities.
* Strong knowledge of risks surrounding the model
* A proven ability to develop and implement robust, risk proportionate business processes
* Advanced Microsoft Office knowledge
* Excellent communication skills
* Data management experience Analytical mind-set
* Able to proactively manage own workload
* Curiosity and enthusiasm to learn
* Proven experience of influencing at a senior level
* Project management experience
* Knowledge of relevant capital and impairment regulation
* Awareness of GDPR principles and their application to a Modelling function
* Data/System test experience
* Technical skill set / SAS / SQL / R / Python
About Skipton Building Society
At Skipton Building Society we are not just another Financial Services Institution we are a mutual organisation, which means we are owned by our members and believe in placing them at the heart of everything we do. The same goes for our people. We can only be successful as a business if we have great people and we believe in treating people as individuals. Our values are Trust, Ownership and One Team which reflect the attitudes and way of working everyone here displays on a daily basis, and which are key to the delivery of the outstanding level of personal service we offer our customers.
We’re committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace where every colleague has an opportunity to fulfil their career potential. We respect and appreciate the value that our colleagues’ unique differences can bring and offer consideration for anyone seeking a more flexible work-life balance. If you have a need for flexibility then please let us know.
In return for all your hard work and commitment, you will get the support and recognition you deserve. You can expect a structured training and development programme tailored to your needs. You will also be eligible for the following:
* Competitive Employer pension contribution
* Private medical insurance
* Company paid life assurance scheme
* Company paid Group Income Protection scheme
* 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays and the opportunity to participate in the annual Holiday Trading Scheme to buy/sell extra days)
* Annual discretionary bonus scheme
* Childcare vouchers
* Volunteering days
* Colleague discounts at a range of UK wide retailers, including holidays, restaurants, fashion, days out and more. Accessible via an online platform and mobile app.
* Discounts/cashback on selected products and services
* Employee Assistance Programme
* Diverse culture
Skipton are an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age