IH London, a college specialising in the teaching of English also operates a successful programme that teaches other languages to young professionals.
Strategically we consider that we are not maximising the Languages market and have decided to expand the programme to offer a wide range of options and review if we can better maximise peak evening times, and provide daytime weekday classes. This new post has been created to ensure that these additional options are appropriate for the market and if so, appropriately marketed my measuring their success.
A new position to market our expanding range modern language courses to generate new leads to increase conversion rates.
The following duties provide a general outline only and may need to be revised in order to meet the changing needs of the School.
- Promote IH London as a high quality provider of Central London face-to-face language options covering professional and social markets.
- Understand our portfolio of language options and their target markets and develop an awareness of the markets that we should exploit more effectively.
- Work with the educational management team that runs the languages programme to understand their business and maintain a strong working relationship between the marketing and operational functions of the product.
- To contribute to developing a more established Languages department by collating marketing research and pulling data on market state.
- Develop campaigns to market our Languages options on Social Media and other digital platforms, such as web and online campaigns.
- Monitor and track the success of our Language options through marketing campaigns, lead generation and conversion rates, and make appropriate adjustments.
- Manage discounts and promotional activity proportionate to class take up, seeking to maximise revenue.
- Work with the Marketing Manager on agreed campaign budgets, but also justify marketing expenditure in relation to sales and ROI. Through analysing class take-up rates, competitor analysis and market knowledge recommend changes to Language options.
- Produce reports on marketing activity, class fill rates and revenue earned.
- An awareness of customer needs analysis and channelling to increase reach and response rates.
- Responsible for the annual pricing review of Language programmes.
Key skill areas
- The right mind-set to work with a powerful CRM capable of providing structured reports.
- Excellent written communication skills: ability to product faultless content for business communications.
- Knowledge of digital marketing techniques.
- Demonstrable experience in generating leads.
- Experience of digital marketing skills to drive leads.
- Analytical skills.
- Experience in utilising and managing a CRM system.
- Experience in using Google Analytics, Google AdWords, setting and measuring PPC Campaigns or similar.
- Experience in updating web content.
- Commercial awareness: able to work simultaneously to sales and profitability targets.
- IT literate: intermediate to advanced knowledge of Salesforce, MS Office suite.
- Self-starter: excellent time management and ability to prioritise, whilst communicating actions to others.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Common sense and lucidity.
- Educated to degree level
- Experience in education or languages marketing an advantage
- Fluent in at least one other language.
This is a full-time permanent contract. It will be 35 hours per week (flexible working required). This contract may include occasional evening and weekend work.
Annual leave: 30 days per annum pro rata, plus 8 public holidays.
The offer of this post is subject to and conditional upon the following terms:
1. The company receiving two satisfactory references from your previous employers (one of whom must be from your current employer).
2. Receipt of a confirmation of your DBS check that is considered satisfactory to IH London.
3. Only candidates with right to work in the UK will be considered for the role.