3 months ago
Motion Graphic Designer
Job Number: 9385
Location: Dixons Carphone, Acton Support Centre (123)
Contract: Full Time / Permanent
As a Motion Graphic Designer you'll be employed to create animated 2D and 3D content for our expanding in store screen installations across 3 major retail brands. You'll be joining an existing team and will be responsible for working with both the in-house creative team and marketing team to develop concepts for digital animated mediums. You will be responsible for the creative process at different stages. These include conceptualisation, storyboarding, animating, resizing and editing.
* Supporting the Creative Team in the delivery of a number of projects, such as campaign launches, seasonal overlays and concept development
* Executing a project from brief through to production and delivery to the highest possible standard
* Providing the Motion Graphic team with a great set of hands-on design, animation, illustration and typographic skills – with the ability to develop and deliver a number of visual styles
* Working as part of a team to explore briefs and generate ideas
* Generating new techniques and innovative solutions to make the most of the digital medium
* Reproducing and resizing animated executions to different sizes and formats
* Working on a number of projects at once
* Presenting ideas, both internally to colleagues and externally to clients
* Taking projects from brief through to delivery.
* Highly skilled user of After Effects
* Experienced user of Cinema 4D
* Understanding of Illustrator and Photoshop
* Good understanding of the various applications of post-production in creating video from still and moving assets
* Design-trained to understand typography, movement and layout
* Experience of working with production to understand time estimates and schedules for the tasks provided
* Strong organisational skills, most importantly file management and methodical workflow
* Ability to interpret a brief and communicate internally
* Experience in working to very tight deadlines
* Ability to work on multiple projects at one time
* Excellent eye for detail
Dixons Carphone is Europe’s number one electrical and telecommunications retailer and services company, with more than 40,000 colleagues across nine countries, including the UK and Ireland. Every day, we use our people’s expertise to reach out and help new customers. What’s more - we’re exploring extraordinary new markets, from wellness to security, so that in an ever more connected and constantly changing world, we can offer our customers the most comprehensive service.
It’s an exciting time to join us and find yourself a place in our growing success story, apply now.