2 months ago
Up to £35,000 dependent on experience
Category: Development Jobs
As a Motor Engineer, you would be responsible for supporting customers through the claims process, managing claims within specific customer service standards and ensuring claims are adequately reserved and settled as economically and fairly as possible.
Some of your key accountabilities would be;
* Negotiate settlement of motor claims by undertaking inspections/examinations of motor vehicles and/or assessment of technical information within your authority limits.
* Establish and maintain relationships with key internal and external partners.
* Use and demonstrate key motor industry technical expertise to supervise approved and non-approved supplier’s performance.
* Identifying customer needs, managing customer expectations and providing excellent customer service throughout the claims journey.
* Accurate capture of information at all stages of the claim
* Making decisions that are timely and accurate and working with colleagues across the claims process to settle claims quickly and cost effectively
* Identification of unusual activity for referral to fraud investigation teams.
* Controlling claims costs by following best practice processes.
* Support the setting and reviewing of reserves throughout the claims process.
* Compliance with relevant regulatory and legal requirements
* High level of professionalism, self-motivation and ethical behaviour
* Ability to act on own initiative, prioritise work, plan and manage own work activities
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Excellent networking and relationship skills
* Good financial and commercial acumen
* Knowledge of UK motor and vehicle repair industries
* Expert knowledge of motor vehicle construction, repair techniques and repair cost calculations
* Expert knowledge of motor vehicle resale values
* Expert knowledge of vehicle salvage disposal legislation and AXA’s vehicle salvage procedures
* Conversant with computerised vehicle damage assessment systems as used by garages / vehicle repairers
* Expert user of Audatex computerised vehicle damage assessment system and CAP valuation software
* Conversant with the AXA Claims Management system
* Conversant with Microsoft applications including Outlook, Internet Explorer, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
* Relevant motor industry experience preferably gained in a vehicle service / repair workshop environment.
* Relevant motor vehicle claims assessment experience working within the Insurance industry
* Proven ability to manage the performance of external suppliers
* Proven ability in the delivery of excellent customer service
* Professional: ONC/HNC/NVQ or City and Guilds Full Technical Certificate (or equivalent) gained in an association with a recognised motor industry training or apprenticeship programme (minimum of three years)
* Processional: Have already attained, or be working towards attaining within 3 years Incorporated membership of the Institute of Automotive Engineer Assessors (IAEA) and have already attained, or be working towards attaining within
* Have already attained, or be working towards attaining within 1 year: Automotive Technician Accreditation (ATA) for Vehicle Damage Assessment
* A sound understanding of the motor claims engineering processes and expert understanding of vehicle construction, valuations and salvage categories
With a presence in over 60 countries, and 165,000 employees serving the needs of 107 million customers, AXA is big.
But never too big to care for every single person who works here. So when you join us, we promise to put our collective might behind you and your career.
You’ll work in an open and supportive environment where you’ll be developed, challenged and encouraged to move around to achieve even bigger and better things – nationally and internationally. You’ll learn directly from senior leaders, from the best in our business. And you’ll enjoy real responsibility, really early on.
Every large company today talks about supporting diversity and inclusion. But at AXA UK, these values form an integral part of everything we do. For us, it’s about bringing together the best talent, helping people to realise their full potential by being 100% themselves at work and delivering outstanding service to everyone – regardless of difference.
Proud to be part of the AXA Group, the number one global insurance brand and a worldwide leader in financial services, AXA Insurance businesses employ over 5,500 in a network of offices across the UK. Our expert teams care for a huge range of customers, helping them protect their cars, homes and businesses against life’s uncertainties. Whether bought directly, through brokers or through a number of corporate partners, our market-leading products are trusted by millions.
What We Offer
As you’d expect from a global leader, our reward package is a world-beater here’s a small selection of our current benefits.
* Bonus Scheme linked to yours and the company’s performance.
* Pension scheme with employer contributions as well as your own.
* Life assurance 10x reference salary (4x if not in the Pension Scheme)
* 25 days holiday, increasing to 28 days by your fifth year of service.
* Interest free season ticket loan scheme.
* Access to MAX Benefits where you enjoy cashback and discounts on thousands of retails, holidays and purchases.
* Flex benefits such as holiday purchase, dental care, bikes for work.
* 20% discount with EE.
* 50% of Pure Gym membership.
* Discount on all AXA Insurance products, including car, home and travel insurance, breakdown cover & healthcare.
Important notice: We’ve recently become aware of a recruitment scam in which candidates are asked to be interviewed on Google Hangouts. It is not our policy to conduct interviews via Google Hangouts (we much prefer face-to-face), so if you have been asked to do this, please let the recruitment team know and we’ll do our best to advise you. Likewise, if you’re unsure if the person you’re speaking to is genuinely an AXA recruiter or the job you’re ing for is legitimately from AXA, please get in touch and we can check for you. We cannot be held responsible for any interviews conducted without our knowledge and authorisation. If you’re unsure and would like some advice, feel free to get in touch with our recruitment team.