4 months ago
O2 is the commercial brand of Telefonica UK Limited, a leading digital communications company owned by Telefonica S.A. With over 25 million customers across the UK, O2 is one of the world’s most innovative companies putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
We’re more than just a network. We open up the endless possibilities of technology, connecting our customers to the things that they love and exploring new ways to open up the world for them.
We’re always on the lookout for great talent. Just like our customers, we offer our employees more. A choice of benefits. Great rewards. Lots of training. Ongoing career development. Flexible approaches to work and we endeavour to make every role open to part time working. There are many reasons to join O2.
Location: Slough, Leeds or London
About the Team:
The network project and programmes team enable O2 Networks to deliver the technology and service solutions that support our business strategy to sustain and grow O2’s network for our customers.
Line managed by a Networks Portfolio/Programme Manager and working with Functional Manager(s) for the successful end to end delivery of assigned projects.
You’ll will work under broad direction and be accountable for project delivery of agreed scope to time, cost and quality.
It is key that the role holder effectively controls and governs projects through industry best practice including effective management of the risks, issues and dependencies that influence successful delivery.
* Work in accordance with best practice – creating and managing key documentation, covering project initiation, RAID, Project plan, change registers and financial forecasting and budget management
* Establish and manage the project’s controls- monitoring and reporting
* Lead and motivate the project management team
* Liaise with both Telefonica and external suppliers/ account managers
* Ensure that behavioural expectations of team members are established
* Establish and manage the Project’s Procedures-risk management, issue and change control, configuration management and communication
* Manage the information flows between the directing and delivering levels of the project
* Manage the production of the required products, taking responsibility for overall progress, and use of resources and initiating corrective action where necessary
* Identify and build the project team
* Advise the project board of any deviations from the plan
* Implement the configuration management strategy
* Ensure project personnel comply with the Configuration Management Strategy
Skills & experience:
* Effective leadership and communications skills, projecting competence and credibility
* Experience running projects in large organisations where time to market and cost are critical success factors
* Experience of working in an environment of change involving new systems, new processes and culture change
* Stakeholder management skills to Senior level
* Driven and focussed, insists on high level of performance and does not become resigned to the inevitability of delays
* Willingness to challenge the status quo and adopt innovative delivery mechanisms
* Proven track record of delivery and a track record of achieving results through people in a matrix delivery team
* Proven track record in capability development
* Structured and methodical, detailed conscious planner
* Telecoms Network or IT experience is a key advantage
* Preferably a member of the Association for Project Management, Prince 2 Practitioner, PMI equivalent or PPM accredited
* Desirable : Knowledge of Telefónica UK business processes and cross-functional working experience
Closing Date: 2nd June
We offer a competitive salary and some great rewards, including bonus, life cover, health care, good holidays and lots of flexible benefits too.
Telefonica’s commitment to a great work-life balance allows us to consider flexible approaches to working. We also welcome part-time applicants for all of our roles. Like to know more? Feel free to raise it.
Joining Telefonica means opening up a world of freedom, support and possibility. A fascinating world where you’ll be able to think bigger, be bolder and try new things. And where there are endless opportunities to develop your career.
There’s so much to discover. Your career starts here.