10 days ago
Operational Plan Analyst (118478)
: Commercial management
: UK & Ireland-United Kingdom-London-London
Salary : Competitive with great benefits
: Jul 16, 2019, 11:59:00 PM
Operational Plan Analyst
(Commercial and Transformation)
Our purpose is to use the power of communications to make a better world. For each other, for our customers, for society and our communities. We need you to help us do this.
Why this role matters
The Operational Plan Analyst is accountable for developing the operational plan and ensuring that it incorporates Enterprise wide planning for this segment. This includes integration of marketing, customer solutions, service etc. plans, and puts in place the governance structure that effectively measures progress and traction.
Working with counterparts in Finance, Propositions, Product, and Transformation teams to help co-ordinate and align activities to ensure that Wholesale deliver their medium term plan. The role holder will understand key enablers and dependencies to the commercial plan and work in virtual teams to ensure that key activities are completed when required. As well as assisting with preparation for operational reviews, this role will assist with keeping stakeholders aligned around shared objectives.
What you'll be doing
* Supports the commercial proposition, structure development and monitoring of financial performance for mid-sized opportunities, supporting in the management of contractual risks and obligations.
* Contributes to delivery of contract commitment within cost targets, contract profit and revenue growth for a small subset of a larger contract or a subset of a small to medium sized contract.
* Coordinates and evaluates opportunities and assesses underlying risk, making recommendations on how to address opportunities.
* Contributes to maintenance and development of customer relationships and satisfaction, ensuring delivery of commitments within service level agreements.
* Contributes to account development process by identifying and flagging growth opportunity areas.
Specifically this role is accountable for:
* Creating the operational plan and governance framework for Wholesale across other functional areas to ensure alignment and timely delivery of all cross-functional milestones to hit MTP.
* Creating the Wholesale operational plan aligning all functional activities to ensure there is a single plan which integrates all the levers impacting operational performance of the segment (service plans, marketing plans, proposition plans, migration plans) for each of the sales segments in Wholesale.
* Ensuring the execution of the plan across the functions, making recommendations to the commercial director, and influencing sales directors.
* Ensuring the correct governance is in amongst other functional areas place to drive delivery of the operational plan and that all the activities underpin and help drive MTP targets.
* Running weekly, monthly and quarterly cross-enterprise governance forums to manage variance to the plan.
We'll also need to see these on your CV
* Previous experience within a similar role
* Deep commercial expertise in understanding the market, customers and competitors. Understanding of the levers which drive commercial and financial performance and what we need to dial up and dial down to maximise commercial performance.
* Strong understanding of the economics of different levels on the commercial and contract level P&L
* Ability to identify enablers and dependencies for successful delivery
* Ability to work across functions towards a shared goal
* Communication skills, specifically the ability to communicate complex messages simply
* Ability to present data and analysis clearly, forming a story around the most pertinent points
* Stakeholder management, specifically the ability to satisfy numerous stakeholder interests
Why choose us?
We have around 1.2 million customers and serve over half the FTSE 350. Our customers range from big household names, government departments and public service organizations right through to small businesses and new start-ups. We cover both the communications and IT services markets. Overall we’re focused on four main product markets: Fixed Voice; Mobility; Fibre and connectivity; networked IT services provided over the biggest UK network in both fixed and mobile communications. We also provide network IT services to corporate and public sector organisations in the Republic of Ireland.
Our Wholesale business helps communications providers (CPs) and other organisations provide fixed or mobile phone services. Our ventures provide mass-market services like directory enquiries and payphones, and enterprise services including Fleet Solutions and BT Redcare. We also offer specialist enterprise services to our Internet of Things customers.
We value different perspectives, skills and experiences. We’re creating an inclusive working culture where people from all backgrounds can succeed. That’s why we welcome applications from all parts of the community.