3 months ago
We are looking for someone who can deliver the team trading results through effective large case (Mid Market) underwriting of commercial risks within agreed authority levels whilst developing key broker relationships in line with branch objectives.
Key responsibilities will include;
Underwrite new and existing Mid Market business profitably, accurately, consistently and in line with established underwriting practices, using the full range of appetite and tools available.
Build trading relationships with brokers, through visits and large case liaison, to maximise financial results and to generate pipeline new business opportunities
Build a reputation as a trading expert with a panel of intermediaries and build confidence in the branch ability through interaction with our Underwriting Technical Centre
Contribute to meetings with brokers and end customers to portray AXA capabilities and secure new business opportunities.
Demonstrate contribution to loss ratio control by effectively implementing branch UW controls
Identify poorly performing accounts and investigate reasons for lack of retention. Agree and implement actions with senior underwriter, TTM & AM to increase retention.
Contribute to the development of colleagues by coaching and acting as a reference point to assist in decision making within empowerment.
Support SME Hub colleagues in building trading relationships with intermediaries to enable a consistent service to be delivered
Who are we looking for?
Dip CII Qualification
* Strong trading capability – commercial awareness, negotiation skills, ability to build strong broker relationships
* Pragmatic and confident decision maker with good numerical reasoning skills
* Strong analytical skills with proven experience of account monitoring and action planning
* Strong level of technical underwriting expertise in a composite insurance environment (non-package)
* Sound knowledge of legislative and regulatory requirements for insurance (including treating customers fairly)
* Sound knowledge and understanding of the commercial insurance market
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Excellent risk assessment and risk management skills
With a presence in over 60 countries, and 165,000 employees serving the needs of 107 million customers, AXA is big.
But never too big to care for every single person who works here. So when you join us, we promise to put our collective might behind you and your career.
You’ll work in an open and supportive environment where you’ll be developed, challenged and encouraged to move around to achieve even bigger and better things – nationally and internationally. You’ll learn directly from senior leaders, from the best in our business. And you’ll enjoy real responsibility, really early on.
Every large company today talks about supporting diversity and inclusion. But at AXA UK, these values form an integral part of everything we do. For us, it’s about bringing together the best talent, helping people to realise their full potential by being 100% themselves at work and delivering outstanding service to everyone – regardless of difference.
Proud to be part of the AXA Group, the number one global insurance brand and a worldwide leader in financial services, AXA Insurance businesses employ over 5,500 in a network of offices across the UK. Our expert teams care for a huge range of customers, helping them protect their cars, homes and businesses against life’s uncertainties. Whether bought directly, through brokers or through a number of corporate partners, our market-leading products are trusted by millions.
What We Offer
As you’d expect from a global leader, our reward package is a world-beater – here’s a small selection of our current benefits.
* Annual performance bonus
* Competitive Pension scheme
* Life Insurance 10 x base salary
* 23 days annual leave, rising to 28 days with service
* Internal promotion policy
* Extensive learning and development opportunities and talent programmes
* Flexible benefit options, including pension and life cover flexing, holiday purchase, benefit car, childcare vouchers, health, dental and critical illness plans and bikes4work
* Interest free travel loans
Important notice: We’ve recently become aware of a recruitment scam in which candidates are asked to be interviewed on Google Hangouts. It is not our policy to conduct interviews via Google Hangouts (we much prefer face-to-face), so if you have been asked to do this, please let the recruitment team know and we’ll do our best to advise you. Likewise, if you’re unsure if the person you’re speaking to is genuinely an AXA recruiter or the job you’re ing for is legitimately from AXA, please get in touch and we can check for you. We cannot be held responsible for any interviews conducted without our knowledge and authorisation. If you’re unsure and would like some advice, feel free to get in touch with our recruitment team.