3 months ago
Bauer Media is one of Europe’s largest privately owned publishing groups. The Group is a worldwide media empire offering over 300 magazines in 15 countries, as well as online, TV and over 40 local and national radio stations such as Magic, Kiss & Absolute Radio.
This role within The Performance Marketing Team is based in Sheffield, however it is a central team working across 100’s of brands. (Not just Hallam FM)
Reporting in to the Head of Digital Performance Marketing, we are looking for an experienced Performance Marketing Executive with a B2C background to join the team with the main objective of commercialising our audiences across radio brands through ecommerce partnerships; offers, dating, gaming & ticketing.
As part of the team, you will help drive new customers to the ecommerce sites through a variety of marketing tactics as well as converting as many existing visitors to customers and orders. This is a marketing role that is incredibly commercial in hitting team objectives to optimise KPI, increase sales conversions, and drive more traffic to our shop fronts.
It’s an ideal opportunity for digital marketing professionals early in their career to join a fast paced and evolving business.
* The immediate focus is on Bauer Radio’s voucher business (planetradiooffers.co.uk) which sells half price vouchers to family attractions, restaurants, hotels and spas.
* On a daily basis you’ll be liaising with the local sales teams using the cms (Magento) to upload the product copy, images and manage stock levels.
Once uploaded we then begin advertising the offers via multiple channels such as; our bespoke email database (Mailchimp), across the main radio station websites & social channels, using PPC tactics & radio advertising etc.
You’ll also help with the customer care & cover monthly client invoicing.
* Ecommerce email marketing is critical to the voucher businesses, so you’ll be sending various email types (newsletters, solus & trigger emails); understand the importance of split testing (copy, subject lines, templates), behavioural marketing and data segmentation methods.
* Your creative copy writing skills must have a fine balance between customer engagement and commercial gain but also optimised keywords for SEO generated traffic.
* Knowledge of online tracking and understanding conversions metrics is essential.
* Help coordinate seasonal marketing campaigns and cross promotions –liaising internally with stakeholders and design/development teams. These multi-platform marketing campaigns measure success against agreed objectives such as sales, database building, conversion optimisation and for occasionally just for branding.
* You will eventually go onto help managing partner relationships (affiliates, iframes and white labels), understanding client expectations and ROI considerations. Previous experience in this area of marketing is desired as this role will manage all the voucher shop affiliate marketing relationships. (currently working with: amazon associates, Tradedoubler, Rakuten & Affiliate window)
* We are looking for a commercial focused yet highly creative team player who is confident and self-motivated, with good communication skills, excellent written English skills and a flexible attitude.
* You should have proven working experience within digital marketing be passionate about web content, copywriting and be able to demonstrate this at the interview stage.
* Knowledge of using an email client such as Mailchimp and Ecommerce shop platforms such as Magento are desirable, but there will be in-house training on all systems.
* Excellent PC skills (especially Excel, Word and Power Point).
* SEO, PPC and Affiliate marketing knowledge/experience is desirable.
* You must be able to articulate yourself in a professional manner, and across all communication channels.
* Some previous customer care experience is also essential.
Please note that this is not a journalist or radio production role.
Working hours are 9am-5.30pm Mon-Fri
25 days holiday plus a benefits package