6 months ago
Pimm's Assistant Brand Manager
External Job Description
Closing date: 17th December 2018
Summary of Role
The Pimm's ABM role requires a highly creative marketer with a positive mindset and a can do attitude. As a local jewel, it requires real ownership of the plans, from strategy through to execution. An ability to build relationships across the business and through agencies is key to its success. Content is created in Europe, so it is a fantastic role for anyone with creative flair and with experience in marketing that is looking to develop their creative skills.
They must help drive;
Recruitment and re-recruitment in an increasingly competitive environment
Scale - fewer, bigger, better – continue to drive ROI on Pimm’s A&P spend to build business belief
Build strong relationships with the commercial teams on the ground to deliver above and beyond AOP
Drive fame for Pimm’s in GB – making it more talked about than the competition over the key sales period. Your remit, although GB focused, will be pan-European and you work with multiple agencies, teams and partners to deliver on our salience and brand love objectives.
For the right candidate there is the opportunity to take ownership of marketing channels and have real accountability.
Key Functional and Leadership Capabilities
• Leads competition-beating execution: Pimm's is a well-loved GB classic with huge room to grow but the challenge is winning in an increasingly competitive environment and with a short sales window. Finding ways to cut through this and stand out from the crowd is critical.
• You will need to be tenacious and have an ability to drive implementation of big scalable ideas that are executed brilliantly.
• The right candidate will have great creative judgment and proven track record on delivery of this.
• Holding both themselves and others to account, to execute plans that will really impact on performance
• They will need the ability to remain resilient and proactive, being a real champion for the brand.
Top 3 leadership capabilities for this role:
• Find solutions: Pimm’s is now operating in an increasingly cluttered and competitive environment. To win, you will need to think in the future, anticipate trends and opportunities that can deliver growth.
• In a fast-paced European context, the ability to adapt, change and keep improving plans continually will be key
• Brilliant management of this brand will take someone with a vision, who can then translate this into first-class execution. Being able to take ownership and responsibility for the plans is a must.
Manage people for success:
• An ability to maintain brilliant agency relationships is absolutely critical as often budgets are limited, requiring the ABM to inspire those working on projects to get to great outcomes
• Continuing to build awareness for Pimm’s internally and the huge opportunity it can leverage in the growing aperitif space is key
• Team work is a given – together with the SBM, the ABM is required to act as the key influencer and sponsor for the brand at all times, bringing those around them on the journey
Consistently deliver great performance:
• An ability to make a material impact on performance – working with the SBM and agencies to evolve both the strategic and creative direction of Pimm’s for F19 and beyond
• Drive to deliver brilliant execution both commercially and creatively
• Be able to deliver positive ambition on the brand despite often ambiguous and tough commercial realities
• Deliver clear priorities and focus areas which will make the biggest impact on performance
Type of Job
Park Royal 7HQ