3 months ago
• Software Engineers in our Open Banking Hub within Nationwide Digital
• This role could either be based at our Head Office in Swindon or our London Offices on Threadneedle Street.
• Salary – competitive, to reflect experience
• Permanent, full-time and flexible 35 hour a week contract, with clear pathways to further development and promotion
We are building our future digital banking solution with a set of modern technologies, so this is an exciting opportunity to work with a team at its inception. We need full-stack developers and engineers and have a range of positions available both at junior and senior levels. So, if you have any of the following skills, we’re keen to hear from you.
We’re looking for a full-stack developers and engineers to join our new Engineering function, specifically to working in Digital - Open Banking. They will define and create member-focused experiences across our products. Working with colleagues in design, technology and delivery, you will collaborate on our most complex technical challenges, with the single purpose of making things simpler, more convenient and more efficient for our members.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum, you’ll have experience in the following:
* Ideally have experience in RedHat OpenShift
* Significant experience in a commercial setting
* Designing and architecting complex, enterprise-level applications
* Thorough understanding of building and maintaining multi-stage CI/CD pipelines
* Demonstrate the use of DevOps technologies
* Working with cloud-based infrastructure (ideally AWS)
* Implementing and working knowledge of Microservice architecture and other emerging technologies, such as APIGEE, Openshift, Datastax, Docker, Kubernetes, Cassandra and MongoDB
* Adhering to security and test protocols
* Knowledge of software tools and platforms, including:
* Jenkins, Sonarqube, Pally, JIRA, Bitbucket, TFS, Nexus/Artifactory, Atlassian, .NET core, Veracode
* Cloud abstraction and deployment tools such as Terraform, VmWare and NGINX
* Automation tools such as Ansible, Puppet, UrbanCode Deploy
* Docker container platforms such as Kubernetes, Mesos, Docker Swarm
* Working on Linux distributions such as RedHat as well as Windows
* Coding languages and environments e.g. Python, C#, NodeJS, JS, NET, Go, Shell Scripting
* Passionate about having impact, driving automation and improving business outcomes
* Desire and ability to learn new technologies and ways of working
It would also be nice if you had:
* Professional experience working in agile teams
* Practical experience of event-based architecture
* Strong knowledge of any container management capability (k8s, AKS, EKS)
What you'll be doing
You’ll be instrumental in identifying opportunities and you will be empowered to shape the direction of solutions. By using your tried and tested DevOps tooling design skills, you will be responsible for creating, delivering and supporting services that are engaging and solve the needs of those that interact with them. You’ll be sharing your opinions and experiences. And you’ll work tirelessly to drive up the quality in everything you and those around you deliver.
* Work in a team of engineers in a high expectation environment driving team performance through the engineering lifecycle from planning and development all the way through to operational support
* Help build the technological foundation within the team to effectively consume DevOps tooling and define future needs
* Help build Engineering Culture both within the team and with the external technology community e.g., attend events, publish content, host meet-ups.
* Champion Agile best practice within Nationwide and embody a culture of rapid and iterative create, test and learn
* Problem solve pain points in the CI/CD pipeline
* Communicate technical issues and constraints to non-technical colleagues and relate to and influence employees at all levels
* Work closely with suppliers to ensure Nationwide gets best value from the toolchain, and is able to exploit the latest technical releases effectively
* Share your experience and design capabilities with those around you and develop the skills of more junior members of the team
* Empathise and create in equal measure – your ability to understand people’s needs, behaviours and motivations, and knack for solving for their problems, is your super-power