4 months ago
Portfolio Analyst – London
Portfolio Analyst – London
Develop your career at the heart of our business
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Portfolio Analyst to join us in London, Triton Square. The role holder will be part of the team who are responsible for maintaining data integrity and providing accurate data analysis.
In this role you will provide accurate data analysis and produce robust Credit Risk information across Santander Business, Santander Corporate and SGCB that will feed directly into reports for Senior Leadership, Madrid and the PRA.
We’re passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That’s why we’ve built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As a Portfolio Analyst your main responsibilities will be
* Contributing to the production of Regulatory returns, both BAU and adhoc, relating to Credit Risk (e.g. from the Bank of England, ECB and PRA etc)
* Maintaining data integrity, investigating and escalating data quality issues and remediating where necessary in conjunction with our key stakeholders
* Working closely with Risk Policy and Strategy, providing the data and analysis required to support policy change decisions
* Monitoring Risk Appetite and Sector limits
* Monitoring the performance of our SGCB counterparties on a daily basis and escalate deteriorating trends
* Improving data quality across the business with emphasis on continual improvements and efficiencies in reporting
Minimum skills and experience required
* Good working knowledge of one or more of the Santander Business, Corporate or Wholesale functions.
* Analytical, with excellent attention to detail – able to quickly spot potential mistakes and/or anomalies
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel is essential, VBA or SAS knowledge is desirable
* The flexibility and agility to work across different work streams when required
* Professional financial qualifications / a relevant degree or role-based experience
Salary is competitive
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that’s flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
* Pension with generous contributions from Santander
* 27 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 additional days per year
* Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
* 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
* Benefits supporting you and your family, such as Childcare vouchers, voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness cover
* Option to a Company car if you drive more than 8,000 business miles per year
* Access to an All Employee car scheme
* Excellent employee recognition schemes - be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
* Share in Santander’s success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
* Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
Our Triton Square office in London is conveniently located within walking distance from Euston Station and Warren Street Station. It’s one of our biggest offices in the UK and is home to a range of key functions for the bank from Marketing, Finance and Risk to Digital and HR. With an onsite gym, restaurant, coffee shop and banking facilities, the atmosphere is a vibrant one with plenty of opportunities to socialise and get involved in local community and charity work.
We’ll give you more than a job, we’ll give you a purpose – to help people and businesses prosper.
Our aim is to be the best bank for our people, customers, shareholders and communities and we’re making it happen by focusing on the behaviours that bring everyone together. By bringing passion, talking straight, embracing change, showing respect, speaking up, keeping promises, giving support, truly listening and actively collaborating, we believe we can really make a difference.
We’ve created an environment where we always put people first, that’s why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you’ll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What’s more, we’ll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn’t gone unnoticed and we’ve been listed as one of Britain’s Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you’re interested in then please apply on the link below.