PR Account Executive
From the award-winning agency that conceived the world’s first self-cleaning car, unveiled a new watch at 35,000 feet, organised a super-car street race in Dubai, created the world’s first glow-in-the-dark car paint and drew a one-kilometre wide car in the sand, they have created a new exciting role for a strong Account Executive.
Working across several automotive b2b and consumer automotive accounts, they are looking for a confident writer with an eye for technical details to support and lead on a variety of renowned brands, including SEAT, DENSO, CitNOW, Accident Exchange and APU Ltd.
Position: Account Executive
Location: Kingston Upon Thames (KT2 6DZ)
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £18,000 to £20,000 per annum
About the role:
The Account Executive role reports directly to the Account Manager / Account Director and will help manage the day-to-day smooth running of the agency’s growing group of b2b accounts, as well as supporting the team on creative PR plans.
- Both draft and help oversee team production of copy, press releases / kits and media materials; and development of creative editorial content
- Maintenance of all coverage reporting and status updates for all accounts in the b2b group; this may include status reports, rolling release schedules, future features list and deadlines, coverage reports and media distribution lists
- Management of a rolling feature list across the b2b group of accounts, ensuring that deadlines for features relevant to our clients are met
- While the role majors on b2b content creation and media relations, much of the team’s output has consumer appeal too. An eye for a front-end, consumer angle or opportunity is necessary
- Establish relationships with b2b client teams as well as key personnel elsewhere in the client businesses to ensure direct access to key people who can provide data / information / opinion etc for any relevant content
- Work with the team to ensure quality control is always adhered to where content and written copy is concerned
- Plan, organise and prioritise workloads, including resource planning, flagging any issues to senior staff members
- Research to provide market insights / gather information to support the creation of feature and release content.
- Distribution of press releases, imagery, videos and other story-telling assets to the media
- Help to implement current processes and take initiative on improving processes within the team.
- Research of market insights, including dealer, fleet, bodyshop and aftermarket sectors, media and industry trends as well as being aware of competitor activity
- A strong communicator who can upwards manage as well as prioritise their own work
- A logical and clear thinker with an attention for detail and deadlines
- Ability to juggle conflicting priorities and work in a fluid and fast-paced environment
- Get the basics right – be passionate about good, simple and effective PR with a strong eye for an editorial angle
- Quick learner, adaptable and pragmatic thinker, whilst being tenacious, results driven and resilient
- Highly motivated and committed with great attention to detail
- A team player with the gravitas to deal with senior stakeholders
- Requires some relevant work experience, which could include internships, placements or full-time roles in the PR and comms industry
- Ability to logically plan, develop and execute regular feature content alongside admin and reporting duties, supported by the wider tea
- An understanding of the PR process and the new and emerging technologies at our disposal
- Understanding of key social channels (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube etc) and an individual online presence is desirable
You may have experience of the following: PR Account Executive, Marketing Account Executive, Account Executive, Marketing Executive, PR Account Manager, Marketing, Public Relations, B2B, Business To Business, Technology, Marketing Agency, PR Agency, PR Executive etc.