8 months ago
PR Account Manager/ Account Manager - Science/ Life Science - Cambridge
Salary: Dependent On Experience.
Key words: Science Graduate, PR, Life science, Copy writing, PR Account Manager,
My client provides PR and marketing services for the life science sector. They support companies to raise their profile, build corporate value and generate interest from commercial leads, investors and partners.
My client is looking for a science graduate with copy writing or Life Science PR agency experience, suitable for the Account Manager role. As Account Manager you will be part of a fast paced team and will manage client accounts and projects, as well as supporting new business.
Duties are very much driven by client assignments, and might include:
• Proactively managing client accounts assigned to you, under the direction of an Account Director
• Copy writing press releases, articles, and other communications materials
• Media liaison, features research and proactive outreach around client news
• Attending client meetings, drafting actions lists
• Conference support
• Proactive use of social media to raise awareness of client news
• Researching and compiling reports, including coverage and activity reports
• Managing Account Executives, junior staff, and projects with partner organisations and
• Ensuring that internal systems and processes are maintained and kept up to date, including
• the PR database, CRM and timesheets systems
In addition, you will be expected to assist the company in identifying and winning new business from both new and existing clients. This might include:
• Researching potential opportunities
• Drafting/reviewing proposals
• Be Educated to at least first degree level in a life sciences subject
• Have a Minimum three years communications/media relations experience, either in-house or agency-side.
• Strong copywriting and editing skills with excellent attention to detail
• Knowledge of life science trade journals internationally
• Knowledge of media databases
What you get in Return:
• Flexible working and part time hours available for the right candidate.
• Competitive, Depending on experience.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.