4 months ago
Location: Slough or Welwyn
O2 is the commercial brand of Telefonica UK Limited, a leading digital communications company owned by Telefonica S.A. With over 25 million customer across the UK, O2 is one of the world’s most innovative companies putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
We are more than just a network. We open up the endless possibilities of technology, connecting our customers to the things that they love and exploring new ways to open up the world for them.
We are always on the lookout for great talent. Just like our customers, we offer our employees more. From a choice of benefits, rewards, training and ongoing career development there are many reasons to join O2.
Tesco Mobile is a joint venture between Telefonica UK Ltd and Tesco Plc. It is now the UK’s largest virtual mobile network operator with over 5 million customers and some of the highest levels of customer satisfaction and advocacy in the industry. We are embarking on a 5 year plan to further grow the business whilst focussing on our customers, leveraging Tesco’s position as one of the UK’s most loved brands and customer champion.
What do the team do?
This role sits within Marketing at Tesco Mobile and reports into the Head of Corporate Affairs & Colleague Engagement that manages all of Tesco Mobile’s engagement and communications with internal and external stakeholders.
How will you fit into this?
To protect and enhance the reputation of Tesco Mobile in the wider marketplace and proactively support the delivery of both Brand and Direct Response (DR) campaigns from a PR & influencer channel perspective.
Some of the more specific responsibilities:
* Media Relations Management: Build and iterate the right media relations strategy for Tesco Mobile that delivers on our business strategy and plan. Map and develop discrete strategies and plans for the range of stakeholders that both positively and negatively impact our reputation (e.g. consumer groups, professional review sites, etc). In the event of a business incident, lead on all reactive and proactive media relations to protect our market reputation.
* Influencer Strategy: Work with a range of stakeholders and in partnership with our lead PR agency to map and agree the right influencers to partner with in both traditional and digital/social channels in areas that link to our longer range Brand strategy (e.g. families). Activate and proactively manage these relationships and tactics on an on-going basis in an integrated manner and across the wider Marketing team; ensuring the optimum mix of creativity and business impact.
* Campaign-driven PR: Respond to Brand and Direct Response (DR) briefs that have a clear PR role to deliver a strong earned media contribution over and above paid media alone. Review the business impact of these tactics on an on-going basis (across campaigns) to improve brief response and impact over time and maximum "bang for buck" in PR channel investment.
What we need from you:
* Exposure to Telco/subscription-based business models is desirable
* Experience in influencer strategy development is desirable
* Planning and project management experience and passion is desirable
* Prior experience in a media relations and/or PR capacity
Open to candidates with a mix if not all of above.
Salary and benefits:
We are looking to pay a competitive salary (depending on experience) for this position, and in addition we have some great benefits such as a bonus, life cover, health care, holiday entitlement and lots of flexible benefits too.
Telefonica’s commitment to a great work-life balance allows us to consider flexible approaches to working. Like to know more? Feel free to raise it.
Joining Telefonica means opening up a world of freedom, support and possibility. A fascinating world where you’ll be able to think bigger, be bolder and try new things. And where there are endless opportunities to develop your career.
There’s so much to discover. Your adventure starts here.