2 months ago
Amazon is seeking a talented and driven PR Assistant to support its busy Press Office. The successful candidate will already possess 1-3 years’ experience of either agency or in-house PR and will be looking to further this by gaining broad experience in the running of Amazon’s in-house PR team through a competitively-paid 12 month contract. You will be responsible for supporting the Corporate (and Consumer to a lesser degree) PR teams in both the UK and U.S., acting as a media liaison, developing and delivering the PR strategy through high-profile projects and events as well as coordinating the daily administrative tasks of a press office. You will have the opportunity to work with our international PR teams and PR agencies as well as build your media contacts book. Alongside this you will support the Internal Comms team, helping deliver events and communications for corporate employees.
Supporting the Corporate PR Manager in daily administrative tasks including acting as a first point of contact for journalists, managing and responding to inbound media contacts, writing and distributing press releases and statements, managing databases, compiling reports, maintaining Amazon’s corporate website and coordinating updates with international colleagues
Supporting Consumer PR Managers and working alongside PR agencies to develop and deliver large scale campaigns, seasonal press shows, screenings, events and photo shoots
Helping develop and deliver the Corporate Responsibility strategy
Helping develop and deliver the Internal Communications strategy
Applicants must be interested in learning about all aspects of PR and must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, demonstrate creativity, be well-organised, a good knowledge of the media and understand the importance of attention to detail. We are looking for someone who is proactive, enjoys a challenge and is able to work at internet speed.
Previous Corporate PR experience, whether through in-house or PR agency, is essential.
· You have a keen interest in PR and are aware of the role of a Press Office within an large, busy company
· You are interested in the media, both traditional and social, and are up to speed with what’s happening in the world around you
· You have strong verbal and written communication skills
· You are creative and love coming up with new ideas and ways of doing things
· You can work at internet speed and enjoy challenges and getting involved
· You are a team player and able to work with others to achieve a common goal
· You are responsible and take ownership of the tasks assigned to you to complete
· You have an eye for detail, are well-organised and used to simultaneously working on several projects at any one time
· Previous Corporate PR experience, whether through in-house or PR agency is essential.
· An active interest in PR and the media is essential along with a willingness to learn and get involved at all levels.