6 months ago
About the role
The LV= Corporate Affairs team is responsible for managing LV=’s reputation with the UK media on a proactive and reactive basis. This is an opportunity to join our small but busy award winning in-house team to lead on the PR for the Life & Pensions business.
Based in our Cheapside Office in London, you’ll be required to travel to our Head Office in Bournemouth on a regular basis.
It goes without saying that you will have excellent written and organisational skills, lots of initiative and attention to detail. You will have experience of the life and pensions sector and have excellent contacts with trade and consumer press. We need you to know what is newsworthy and get our stories out there in the public domain. You’ll have exemplary stakeholder management skills, and have confidence in your own expertise to advise senior management. As you might imagine, attendance at out of hours events is required from time-to-time, so flexibility with travel and hours is a must.
* Responsible for devising and implementing a communication strategy for LV=’s Life & Pensions business working alongside the Head of Corporate Affairs.
* Responsible for managing and implementing a programme of activity, to promote the Life & Pensions business and enhance/protect its reputation.
* Responsible for managing the society’s relationship with a network of media contacts and implementing an appropriate media contact programme for the Corporate Affairs team and senior management.
* Advise senior L&P stakeholders on recommended strategies for maximising external communication opportunities and minimising reputational threats.
* Oversee media training of senior L&P leadership team and spokespeople.
* Responsible for building and maintaining strong relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
* Represent LV= with senior external stakeholders and at external events.
* Analysis and reporting of budget and activity as part of wider Customer & Member leadership team.
* Responsibility for LV= News Room in conjunction with the Head of Media.
* Subject matter expert on Life & Pensions.
* Lead a motivated and high performing team that are the LV= experts on all media relations matters.
* People responsibility for one Press Officer.
* Deputising for the Head of Corporate Affairs when required
Rewards and benefits
This role is a Band C in the LV= Structure. To find out more about our bands, click to view our FAQ page here. We want you to love what you do that’s why we’ve put together a benefits package that recognises and rewards a job well done.
We’ll give you:
* 30 days' holiday, with the option to buy up to 2 additional days
* a competitive pension for which LV= will pay twice the amount you pay, up to 14% (please click here to read more about it)
* an annual bonus scheme based on company and personal performance
* Single cover private medical insurance which you can upgrade to family cover
* a flexible benefits package (e.g. discounted retail vouchers, great value dental insurance, childcare vouchers)
* a generous 25% discount off our general insurance products including home, pet and travel. Up to 50% discount on your car insurance and up to 20% discount from our life products.
To find out more about our benefits and rewards, please click here.
Here at LV= we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusivity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We’re also open to conversations about flexible working as part of your application. If it’s right for our customers, our business and for you then we’ll do everything we can to support you.
We always love to hear from great people, so don’t forget to follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn and become a fan on Facebook.