3 months ago
Category: PR Jobs
Location: Slough or Welwyn
Tesco Mobile is a joint venture between O2 UK and Tesco Plc and is Europe’s biggest mobile virtual network operator (MVNO). We have over 5 million customers and industry-leading levels of customer satisfaction, advocacy, profitability and churn. The marketing team looks after overall business strategy, brand, insight & analytics, innovation/propositions, marketing communications, media relations & PR, customer experience, digital sales and colleague engagement.
We are evolving the Marketing function at Tesco Mobile and have a number of exciting and challenging leadership and manager level roles in which you’ll use your expertise to shape the way we tell the Tesco Mobile story. Whether you’re interested in Brand, Campaigns, Insights, Retail Marketing, Media Relations or Customer Experience, there could be the perfect next role for you to make your mark and have a big impact on making sure the business thrives over the next 5 years and beyond.
What do the team do?
This role sits within Marketing at Tesco Mobile and reports into the Head of Corporate Affairs & Colleague Engagement that manages all of Tesco Mobile’s engagement and communications with internal and external stakeholders.
How will you fit into this?
To protect and enhance the reputation of Tesco Mobile in the wider marketplace and proactively support the delivery of both Brand and Direct Response (DR) campaigns from a PR & influencer channel perspective.
Some of the more specific responsibilities:
* Media Relations Management: Build and iterate the right media relations strategy for Tesco Mobile that delivers on our business strategy and plan. Map and develop discrete strategies and plans for the range of stakeholders that both positively and negatively impact our reputation (e.g. consumer groups, professional review sites, etc). In the event of a business incident, lead on all reactive and proactive media relations to protect our market reputation.
* Influencer Strategy: Work with a range of stakeholders and in partnership with our lead PR agency to map and agree the right influencers to partner with in both traditional and digital/social channels in areas that link to our longer range Brand strategy (e.g. families). Activate and proactively manage these relationships and tactics on an on-going basis in an integrated manner and across the wider Marketing team; ensuring the optimum mix of creativity and business impact.
* Campaign-driven PR: Respond to Brand and Direct Response (DR) briefs that have a clear PR role to deliver a strong earned media contribution over and above paid media alone. Review the business impact of these tactics on an on-going basis (across campaigns) to improve brief response and impact over time and maximum "bang for buck" in PR channel investment.
What we need from you:
* Experience as an in house PR Manager is essential (if you are from an agency your experience must be mobile related)
* Experience managing influener campaigns and influencer strategy development
* Planning and project management experience and passion is desirable
* Prior experience in a media relations and/or PR capacity
* Experience managing reactive PR activitty
* Experience working for a FMCG brand would be desirable
Salary and benefits:
We are looking to pay a competitive salary (depending on experience) for this position, and in addition we have some great benefits such as a bonus, life cover, health care, holiday entitlement and lots of flexible benefits too.
Telefonica’s commitment to a great work-life balance allows us to consider flexible approaches to working. Like to know more? Feel free to raise it.
Joining Telefonica means opening up a world of freedom, support and possibility. A fascinating world where you’ll be able to think bigger, be bolder and try new things. And where there are endless opportunities to develop your career.
There’s so much to discover. Your adventure starts here.