7 months ago
JOB TITLE: Pre-Sales Solution Architect
REPORTS TO: Head of Bid Management
LOCATION: Commutable to London
* Provides technical advice, guidance and information to the Capita Client Portfolio of all ITS products and services.
* Provides architectural governance within Capita Client Portfolio to ensure quality and consistency of ITS deliverables.
* Attends Capita Client Portfolio governance meetings to address technical agenda items, presentation of roadmaps and strategy.
* Defines technology roadmap from Capita client perspective to support Capita clients & maintain contractual compliance.
* Assists Capita clients with producing their own technology roadmaps to help identify potential opportunities to align with ITS offerings, and also feeds up to Enterprise Services SMT to help align strategy with Capita clients.
* Understands Capita client technical solutions, including those not supplied and supported by ITS, and produce architectural models from existing designs, CMDB reports and client workshops.
* Reviews information systems for compliance with legislation and specifies any required changes. Responsible for ensuring compliance with organisational policies and procedures and overall information management strategy.
* Manages provision of consultancy services, and/or management of a team of consultants. In own areas of expertise, provides advice and guidance to consultants and/or the client through involvement in the delivery of consultancy services.
* Engages with clients and maintains client relationships. Establishes agreements/contracts and manages completion and disengagement.
* Actively monitors for, and seeks, opportunities, new methods and trends in IT capabilities and products to the advancement of the organisation. Clearly articulates, and reports their benefits.
* Analyses business processes; identifies alternative solutions, assesses feasibility, and recommends new approaches. Contributes to evaluating the factors which must be addressed in the change programme. Helps establish requirements for the implementation of changes in the business process.
* Contributes to the creation and review of a systems capability strategy which meets the strategic requirements of the business. Develops models and plans to drive forward the strategy, taking advantage of opportunities to improve business performance.
* Oversees and measures the fulfilment of contractual obligations and necessary negotiations where applicable.
* Develops strategies to address under-performance and compliance failures, including application of contract terms.
Maintains a strong understanding of the client’s industry and strategy, and assists clients in the formation of IT strategies, ultimately taking ownership of the following on the client’s behalf:
* The ITS roadmap of products and services delivered to the client plus any relevant items from the strategic roadmap;
* The client roadmap and any technology dependant business change;
* Resolution of any technical ambiguities, issues, or conflicts that have been escalated;
* The effective and consistent management and implementation of the various architectures.
Owns the client Architecture model and approach from an ITS perspective and ensures that:
* Draws upon existing documentation & user knowledge;
* Architecture model is supported with a discovery tool audit;
* What ITS supports for the client is identified and understood, and also identifies potential opportunities to up-sell;
* Technical knowledge base about client is built in a standard way to help bring incoming resources up to speed more quickly in order to make them more effective;
Takes ownership of the technology roadmap on behalf of the client and:
* Defines the technology roadmap from ITS perspective to support the client and maintain contractual compliance;
* Overlays the technology roadmap with the clients own strategic roadmap to help identify potential opportunities to up-sell, also feeds up to Enterprise Services SMT to help align strategy with Capita clients
Provides pre-sales support to the entire ITS account team by;
* Being the technical escalation point for client Service Delivery Managers and Account Directors;
* Providing consultancy resource for pre-sales, technical workshops etc;
* Providing bid support - solution definition/design for hat process.
* Understanding of financial and commercial documentation and ability to create and review necessary commercial documentation in partnership with commercial team members in preparation of contractual matters in relation to bid preparation.
Background / Qualifications:
* Has achieved a top class reputation as a Solution / Enterprise Architect or Technical Account Manager and has the appropriate gravitas.
* Has wide and detailed IT knowledge, together with detailed understanding of the principles of business and markets and sound experience of relevant business sectors.
* Has strong planning, communication and presentation skills and the capability to listen and influence.
* Is customer focussed, with consultancy and business analysis skills.
* An ability to grasp customers’ needs and suggest timely solutions.
* Ability to match client’s business requirements with product capabilities.
What’s in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren’t optional extras: they’re how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also provide you with: An attractive sales commission scheme, 23day’s holiday, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options (to be selected annually) including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, additional holiday purchase and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional success driven environment.