5 months ago
Pre-Sales / Technical Account lead (Public Sector)
Technical Advisory Lead, DWP.
We are looking for an experienced Technical Advisor to join the UKI Public Sector Business Unit to lead all technical activities with DWP.
We are looking for a talented individual to join our Customer Advisory team within the Public Sector Business Unit. The role brings together disciplines across data engineering, AI & machine learning, decision science and cloud / platform technologies and will help drive the next phase of SAS growth within UK government. We are a team that is passionate about analytics and technology, but are equally curious about helping to make government more effective and efficient. Our mission is to help public sector organisations apply data and analytics in innovative ways that help protect and improve the lives of our citizens.
The successful candidate will combine skills across data, analytics and technology with a consulting mindset, domain best practice and excellent communication. Working across central government in a highly customer facing capacity you will build trusted relationships with customers, partners and prospects, initially helping them understand how SAS will add value to their organisation through the application of analytics, but also supporting the value delivery.
* Own the technical strategy of SAS’ DWP engagement plan, working independently from but in alignment and close partnership with the Account Director and wider team.
* Provide technical and pre-sales leadership to specific DWP new business opportunities, engaging with technical and business leaders - orchestrating internal activity and managing stakeholder relationships, as well as being a virtual team leader and project manager.
* Be responsible for dealing with complex customer situations using knowledge of SAS solutions and DWP’s technology landscape and ecosystem to help deliver win-win outcomes for both the customer and SAS.
* Deliver a high quality, customer-centric experience and to demonstrate high impact engagements with customers, partners and colleagues.
* Use domain (technical and industry) knowledge to create a compelling vision to influence all stakeholders in formal and informal meetings, adapting the material to suit the audience and using influencing and negotiation skills to overcome internal and external objections.
* Passionate and driven individual, analytically minded who enjoys challenges and strives for excellence. Able to work proactively both individually or within a team.
* Solid understanding and experience of the public sector space, ideally with first-hand experience of working within DWP or another large government agency from a pre-sales perspective.
* Knowledge of and experience in/around topics such as machine learning, AI and data science; ideally with a focus on fraud, compliance and financial crime applications.
* Display a mix of technical knowledge, understanding of enterprise architecture with knowledge of architecture standards and how SAS maps onto DWP’s standards.
* Willingness and skills to be hands-on if necessary in customer-facing situations; facilitate workshops, gather requirements, run discovery sessions, and be comfortable in delivering software demonstrations as needed.
* Some of the following …
* A comprehensive understanding (ideally hands-on experience) of the data and insight space. (Beneficial) experience, especially in SAS or other open source software (R, python, Spark)
* Experience in leading / supporting data & analytics projects which result in new and incremental software/services revenue.
* Degree in a technical or numerate subject, especially mathematics, statistics, physics or computer science.
* And finally …. a hunger to work hard, have fun and develop professionally.
This role is based out of one of our UK offices in Marlow, Manchester & London. Our offices are a modern working environment with superb facilities - designed to promote wellbeing, creativity and collaboration (our Marlow HQ has subsidised canteen, free beverages, onsite golf course, cricket pitch, games room etc).
Competitive Base Salary, OTE and benefits package
* Car allowance / company car scheme
* Generous Pension scheme
* Private Healthcare
* Flexible Benefits (family healthcare, dental cover, holiday trading, discounted shopping and rewards).