7 months ago
Premium Support Consultant
UK-Marlow | UK-London
Big Data. Bigger Opportunities.
Due to the success and growth of our business, we are now looking to recruit a Premium Support Consultant to join our Premium Support Team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the provision of application maintenance and support services for SAS's most valued customers.
The Premium Support Consultant will be an expert in SAS software with a particular focus in the management, maintenance and support of the SAS Platform.
Working as part of our Premium Support team, you will be responsible for delivering a range of SAS Enhanced Support Services, providing both onsite and remote support for a number of key SAS customers using a wide range of SAS solutions and technologies. This challenging role requires excellent communication skills and a thorough and logical approach to problem solving. SAS Enhanced Support Services represent a growing portfolio of Technical Support services provided to SAS customers who require a proactive support service tailored to their specific needs.
As a Premium Support Consultant, you will be representing SAS with our most valued customers and supporting them in maximizing the value they derive from their investment in SAS software. Working closely with a SAS Technical Support Account Manager, this role will often require working on client sites as part of the customer’s team to provide support and advice with the aim of enabling the customer to become self-sufficient over time.
* Ensure Enhanced Response Time service levels are delivered in the triage and resolution of technical issues
* Proactively administer the SAS environment to prevent issues arising
* Identify and report on the state of the environment and ensure the SAS environment is correctly backed up
* Provide customer operational support on SAS platform, technical expert
* Administration of client application, users and data access and establish various security functions
* Proactive trouble-shooting of the SAS servers, through monitoring, logging and housekeeping
* Provide knowledge transfer, advice and guidance on the SAS environment and promote SAS best practice with our customers.
* Work with SAS Technical Support and Technical Support Account Manager to triage and resolve any problems that the customer encounters in the use of SAS Software
* To maintain company standards, accurate and appropriate written documentation of work undertaken
* To maintain sufficient activity levels to consistently ensure pipeline growth, customer satisfaction and a demonstrable commitment to personal achievement
DESIRABLE SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
This is primarily a customer facing role which requires strong technical and communication skills in order to engage effectively with the customer’s business and IT teams as well as with colleagues in the UK and globally across the SAS business.
The ideal candidate should be able to demonstrate a range of skills and experience from the following
* Degree level qualification or equivalent.
* Data Intelligence/Business Intelligence experience would be a great advantage
* Good SAS experience in either a support, consultancy or development role.
* The ideal candidates will have SAS System Admin knowledge in SAS 9.2 and above however a strong UNIX / Windows Administration/Microsoft Administration background would be sufficient as training in SAS products will be provided
* Good knowledge of SAS 9.3 and/or SAS 9.4 and, optionally, good knowledge of one or more SAS Business Solutions.
* Good oral communication skills and takes an analytical approach to problem solving.
* Can demonstrate understanding of the architecture of multi-tier SAS solutions
* Experience of the evaluation, assessment and resolution of problems within a production or support environment.
* Proven background in prioritising multiple activities and meeting deadlines.
* Proficient in use of SAS EBI & EDI Platform suite (e.g. DI Studio / Information Map Studio / Management Console / Enterprise Guide / Portal / Web Report Studio / OLAP Cube Studio / LSF scheduler)
* Proficient in data and user security concepts
* Familiar with SAS 9 architecture (servers, tiers, tools)
* Familiar with SAS Grid technologies
* Familiar with use of reporting tools and techniques
* Familiar with Data quality concepts and techniques
* Familiar with Web-Tier Apps (e.g. Weblogic, Websphere, JBOSS)
* Familiar with Data modelling software and implementation methodology
* Familiar with Data Warehouse design including ETL and data modelling
* Familiar with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and/or other cloud providers.
Appropriate training and SAS technical product knowledge will be provided to the successful candidate to ensure all aspects of the role can be fulfilled.
* Fully UK mobile with potential travel for up to approximately 4 nights a week
* Ideally based in London or the South East of England
* Must be a UK national or UK resident for 5+ years. SAS will not engage in visa or sponsorship for this opportunity.
* Must be willing to undertake security clearance to work for UK government departments.
* Full clean driving license
This is an excellent opportunity to join a company offering a brilliant career path in a dedicated and professional team.
Analytics is a hot topic for business. Using analytics software, companies can turn raw data into true competitive advantage - finding unforeseen ways to boost profits reduce risk and predict trends.
As the global leader in business analytics software and services, SAS gives companies THE POWER TO KNOW®. 94% of the top FORTUNE Global 100 ® trust SAS technology to gain business insight and make critical decisions about their future.
Join SAS UK, and you too can look ahead with confidence. You'll join a company that has ranked as one of The Sunday Times' 100 Best Companies to Work For over the past five years. You'll join the largest privately held software company in the world, with more than 11,000 employees and 400 offices throughout 50 countries. And you'll join a business that has successfully grown its revenue every year since its launch in 1976.
As an Equal Opportunities Employer, SAS is committed to a diverse workforce.