4 months ago
£25,000 - £27,000 dependant on experience
Category: Analysis Jobs
We’re looking for a talented person to join our team on a full-time, permanent basis.
You’ll be working in the busy Commercial Department of an award winning global health insurer with responsibility for producing both regular and bespoke analysis using data to support our decision making process.
If you have a logical, reasoning mind-set, excellent communication skills and enjoy working with numbers then this could be the perfect role for you!
This role will give the successful candidate the opportunity to work as part of an established, friendly team and with a variety of stakeholders across the business.
You will be involved in gathering and analysing company client data, MI (Management Information) reporting, understanding trends and identifying outliers. A head for figures is important.
You will deliver high quality reports with analysis to help drive business decisions. As well as working on requests from other departments and senior management, you will be expected to work proactively, including identifying and implementing improvements to current processes.
You should possess good communication skills, have the confidence to liaise with internal and external customers and have the ability to work accurately to tight timescales.
Skills, knowledge and behaviour
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate the following:
• A strong numerical and analytical approach is essential; this may suit a recent graduate in a numerate subject
• Excellent technical skills, particularly with MS Excel
• Experience of SAS Enterprise Guide and Tableau would be useful, but not essential
• An eye for detail and accuracy
• An analytical mind, excellent problem solving skills and the ability to clearly present findings from analysis
• A positive proactive attitude
• A confident communicator who enjoys working in a team, meeting new people and building effective work relationships
• Commercial awareness and an understanding of profitability
• Ability to prioritise and work to deadlines
• Passion to continuously look for improvements in current business/analysis practices.
With a presence in over 60 countries, and 165,000 employees serving the needs of 107 million customers, AXA is big.
But never too big to care for every single person who works here. So when you join us, we promise to put our collective might behind you and your career.
You’ll work in an open and supportive environment where you’ll be developed, challenged and encouraged to move around to achieve even bigger and better things – nationally and internationally. You’ll learn directly from senior leaders, from the best in our business. And you’ll enjoy real responsibility, really early on.
Every large company today talks about supporting diversity and inclusion. But at AXA UK, these values form an integral part of everything we do. For us, it’s about bringing together the best talent, helping people to realise their full potential by being 100% themselves at work and delivering outstanding service to everyone – regardless of difference.
Proud to be part of the AXA Group, the number one global insurance brand, a worldwide leader in financial services, AXA PPP healthcare is leading the way to better health. We’re one of the UK's largest and most experienced private medical insurance providers, and we’ve been helping people access the medical care they need, when and where they need it, for over 70 years now.
What We Offer
An exciting working environment and comprehension benefits