7 months ago
We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our Product & Service Delivery Group.
We have openings in our Osterley or Livingston offices.
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our award-winning Osterley campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
As a senior member of the Product & Service Delivery group, you’ll be a role model for analysis and consulting best practice within Sky, starting from the earliest concept evaluation stage right through to scoping, planning, delivery, test and trial.
- Support concept shaping and evaluation in the very early stages of an initiative, using high quality consulting skills. You may also be required to use these consulting skills to identify and implement recommendations to improve struggling programmes of work.
- Build collaborative relationships with senior stakeholders across business, operational and delivery areas as a ‘trusted advisor’.
- Build collaborative and close relationships with Enterprise Architects and Delivery Managers within the group, to ensure alignment across scope, architecture, governance and plans in all initiatives you work on.
- Facilitate and drive senior stakeholders to succinctly define and baseline the overall scope for strategic initiatives, ensuring alignment with business case, architectural and operational objectives.
- Work with architects and commercial teams to define and negotiate the functionality to be delivered by third party suppliers, in large scale commercial agreements.
- Provide structure to the end-to-end analysis, scoping and planning approach and ways of working for complex programmes.
It is a challenging role, so you will need to be self-motivated and resilient.
- Importantly, you will have a pragmatic result - and delivery - oriented mindset, with a track record of having facilitated technology and operational analysis on very large cross-enterprise initiatives, ideally in the telecommunications domain but this domain experience is not essential.
- Experience as a brilliant communicator and listener, who is able to translate messages and simplify and summarise problems in a straightforward and succinct manner.
- Vision, drive, diplomacy and the ability to make things happen in an environment of ambiguity, complexity and multiple stakeholders, being able to influence others without direct authority.
- Skills as an amazing facilitator who is able to resolve tension and increase collaboration towards shared goals in any situation, and who is able to build effective relationships with a range of individuals at all levels in the organisation.
- Experience in quickly grasping and managing ideas in both familiar and unfamiliar domains, and you will be able to use your business acumen and understanding of Sky’s strategic objectives to prioritise and shape these ideas to start forming delivery scope.
- We are looking for someone who enjoys formulating, implementing and continuously improving analysis approaches in high-pressure and results-driven environments that have varying levels of structure and governance.
- Experience to understand and incorporate financial, architectural, operational and programme governance principles into your analysis work.
- Finally, we want you to be a delivery expert: someone who can demonstrate they have what it takes to provide analysis to support delivery of software, network, and operational change at scale, both within an organisation and through third parties; and who understands and can articulate the interplay between scope, architecture, delivery management and governance that is required in order to make successful delivery happen
So, what are you waiting for? now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your criminal record check.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about