19 days ago
We are O2, the commercial brand of Telefonica UK Limited, a leading digital communications company owned by Telefonica S.A. We put our 25 million UK customers at the heart of everything we do, so we can use our technology to connect them to the experiences they live for.
And just like our customers, we open up exciting possibilities for our employees too. Great benefits. Generous rewards. High-quality training. Ongoing career development. These are just some of the reasons to join us.
We’re always on the lookout for great talent, and we’re all about inclusivity. We want to be a true reflection of our customers and their communities, to help us make the best decisions. That’s why everybody’s welcome at O2 – it’s time to get everyone in the room.
About the Team:
The Packet Core Test team are ultimately responsible for managing and supporting the acceptance and operational handover of new releases and design changes of Mobile Packet Core through the test cycle.
The Role combines 4 principal activities:
* Manage and support the acceptance and integration of software releases of Mobile Packet Core through the test cycle
* Test Management - Ensure that all Packet Core Projects have appropriate Test Strategies and Plans, and Test Exit Reports
* Operational Handover and Support - Ensure that Risk assessment is completed prior to live implementation and handover to Operations. Provide in-life test support or the service platform
* Continually review the Test Approach adopted within the Packet Core Space, and drive forward improvement initiatives
* Manage the test, integration and test environment requirements work stack for the Packet Core (SGSN, MME, SGW, PGW, EPDG, DNS) platforms to ensure forward planning of the resource and capabilities required
* Active ‘hands-on’ involvement in the test process during projects and into live operations
* Provide Cover for the Packet Core Test Manager as required including production of weekly reports
* Providing Project Managers with test options and cost estimates by providing knowledgeable technical input and identifying suitable test resource for their projects
* Determining the best test strategy (technical and cost) for projects and working to continuously improve the test methodologies used, aligning with I&T strategic test approach and generic strategy
* Manage the checkpoints associated with I&T entry and exit criteria, exit being to other I&T teams or operations for live service/change deployments
* Ensuring that all Stake Holders receive timely and complete information from the test organisation throughout the test cycle
* Scheduling and organising regular test review
* Where testing it out tasked to a vendor the role requires management of said vendor setting tasks and deliverable, tracking those and holding them to account
* Organising test exit reviews between Test Team, Customers and Operations to ensure smooth transition of products between test and live environments
* Ensuring that appropriate tools - HP ALM together with automation, security and performance engineering are used effectively on projects and work with Test Methods team to evolve test tools used across I&T.
* Report against I&T metrics for, Packet Core platforms and prepare executive reports on vendor/application developer quality and performance.
* Accountable for the risk assessment delivered to the business for the Packet Core area and ensuring that risks identified during test are understood clearly by key stake holders.
Skills & experience:
* Experience in Integration and/or Test for Mobile Telecoms based systems
* Detailed knowledge of 2G, 3G, 4G and 5G cellular systems
* Extensive knowledge of traffic monitoring systems such as Wireshark, Empirix, INET, Netscout
* Ability to troubleshoot complex Packet Core call flows using node internal tools and Protocol Analysers.
* Extensive knowledge of GSM, 3G, 4G, 5G and Ericsson’s GPRS, 3G & 4G, 5G PS Core Products
* Extensive knowledge of PS Core network functionality and technology, including all PS Core interfaces, mobility management procedures, session management procedures, interworking & handover, QoS, GTP, IP technology, national & international roaming.
* Good working knowledge of VoLTE and VoWIFI systems and services
* CISCO CCNA-SP or equivalent
* Solid knowledge of Linux
* Solid knowledge of Virtualised environments and Hypervisors (eg.KVM)
Closing Date: 18th February 2019
We’re looking to pay a competitive salary (depending on experience) for this position. We also offer plenty of extras to sweeten the deal, which could include things like bonuses, life assurance cover, health care, holiday entitlement and lots of flexible benefits. We also believe a great work-life balance is important, so we’re open to considering part time and flexible approaches to working. Like to know more? Feel free to raise it.
Joining O2 will give you the freedom to think bigger, be bolder and try new things. Take a deep breath, your career is about to go to exciting new places.