7 months ago
We are O2, the commercial brand of Telefonica UK Limited, a leading digital communications company owned by Telefonica S.A. We put our 25 million UK customers at the heart of everything we do, so we can use our technology to connect them to the experiences they live for.
And just like our customers, we open up exciting possibilities for our employees too. Great benefits. Generous rewards. High-quality training. Ongoing career development. These are just some of the reasons to join us.
We’re always on the lookout for great talent, and we’re all about inclusivity. We want to be a true reflection of our customers and their communities, to help us make the best decisions. That’s why everybody’s welcome at O2 – it’s time to get everyone in the room.
About the Team:
Services and systems engineering team are responsible for providing 3rd Line Technical Support and 24 hour call out on a rota basis for Packet Core 2G/3G/4G network including MME/SGSN, GGSN, SPGW, ePDG and IP MPLS Network (PE’s ,P routers , RRs and other WAN technologies).
You’ll be the Principle point of contact from operations and as the operational consultant for any projects undertaken. Leading and coordinating teams of engineers, whilst working on faults or projects as and when necessary. You’ll take responsibility and ownership for coordinating a team of engineers where necessary to fix faults that are raised against the supported networks or applications, managing and driving through the resolution within the agreed SLA
* You’ll ensure all processes and procedures are documented and controlled in accordance with the O2 (UK) Quality process.
* Undertake technical coding, configuration and database related support tasks when requested of MDS other than day to day support problems.
* Identify any inadequacies with existing infrastructure and processes and propose recommendations to improve the existing infrastructure and work practices.
* You’ll represent MDS in project definition workshops, Platform Change Control, Operational reviews and meetings with other departments as required.
* You’ll advise and participate during the introduction of new network elements and applications, including features liaising as necessary with other O2 departments and Vendors, providing on-site technical support when required
* Providing operational consultancy to projects that are being worked on and Safe guard the operational network and the customer experience at all times
Skills & experience:
* Cisco IP knowledge is essential
* Cisco CCNP or CCIP or equivalent experience would be ideal
* Cisco CCIE (SP or Routing) – or equivalent experience
* Knowledge of MPLS, Packet core (MME/GGSN/EPG) knowledge), DNS
* Experience of actively supporting a large IP LAN and WAN network in an enterprise/production environment
* Experience of actively supporting end to end systems infrastructure in a Telecommunications environment
* Previous experience of analysing and troubleshooting service, application and network performance issues for business critical systems
* Ability to troubleshoot complex Packet call flows as used in Content Based Billing solutions, or equivalent experience
Closing Date: 8th November
We’re looking to pay a competitive salary (depending on experience) for this position. We also offer plenty of extras to sweeten the deal, which could include things like bonuses, life assurance cover, health care, holiday entitlement and lots of flexible benefits. We also believe a great work-life balance is important, so we’re open to considering part time and flexible approaches to working. Like to know more? Feel free to raise it.
Joining O2 will give you the freedom to think bigger, be bolder and try new things. Take a deep breath, your career is about to go to exciting new places.