2 months ago
Principal Systems Engineer
We are looking for a talented individual to join our Customer Advisory team within the Public Sector Business Unit. The role brings together disciplines across data engineering, AI & machine learning, decision science and cloud / platform technologies and will help drive the next phase of SAS growth within UK government. We are a team that is passionate about analytics and technology, but are equally curious about helping to make government more effective and efficient. Our mission is to help public sector organisations apply data and analytics in innovative ways that help protect and improve the lives of our citizens.
The successful candidate will combine skills across data, analytics and technology with a consulting mindset, domain best practice and excellent communication. Working across central government in a highly customer facing capacity you will build trusted relationships with customers, partners and prospects, initially helping them understand how SAS will add value to their organisation through the application of analytics, but also supporting the value delivery.
* Develop a detailed knowledge of SAS solutions, technologies and processes whilst keeping up to date with domain and public sector developments.
* Be an analytical or technology SME – thought leadership, blogging, presenting, trusted advisor to customer and partner eco-system.
* Nurture and maintain close working relationships, both business and technical, with our customers and partners.
* Comfortably and confidently position (and demonstrate) SAS and its solutions to clients and prospects; scope and lead POC and POV activities.
* Support account executives with account planning, opportunity qualification, workshops, solution design and positioning, crafting proposals and bid responses whilst taking ownership of technical activities.
* Passionate and driven individual, analytically minded who enjoys challenges and strives for excellence. Able to work proactively both individually or within a team.
* Solid understanding and experience of the public sector space, ideally with first-hand experience of working with UK government organisations from a pre-sales perspective
* A curious mind, probing and questioning skills to uncover customer challenges - understand business processes and associated business problems, and to articulate where and how SAS technology and solutions can address.
* Strong communication & presentation skills coupled with analytical and problem-solving abilities and comfortable working at both "C" level and with users.
* Some of the following …
* A comprehensive understanding (and hands-on experience) of advanced analytical techniques. (Beneficial) experience, especially in SAS, SQL or analytics open source software (R, python, Spark)
* Experience in leading / supporting data & analytics projects which result in new and incremental software revenue.
* Degree in a technical or numerate subject, especially mathematics, statistics, physics or computer science.
* Knowledge of advanced analytics disciplines such as machine learning, forecasting, text analytics, model management, optimisation, and statistical analysis.
* And finally …. a hunger to work hard, have fun and develop professionally.
This role is based out of our offices in Marlow & London. Our offices are a modern working environment with superb facilities - designed to promote wellbeing, creativity and collaboration (our Marlow HQ has subsidised canteen, free beverages, onsite golf course, cricket pitch, games room etc).
Competitive Base Salary, OTE and benefits package
* Car allowance / company car scheme
* Generous Pension scheme
* Private Healthcare
* Flexible Benefits (family healthcare, dental cover, holiday trading, discounted shopping and rewards).