11 months ago
Amazon is continuously striving to be the most customer-centric company in the world. AWS have been helping over one million customers in over 190 countries, from Airbnb to GE, to deliver flexibility, scalability and reliability across their organizations. Behind this success is exceptionally talented, bright and driven individuals who work hard, have fun and make history.
AWS is hiring multiple Principal Cloud Evangelists to work with its customers and their partners in transforming their IT landscapes. AWS Principal Evangelists engage with customers to understand their business drivers and technology portfolios, and present reliable cloud infrastructure and services solutions, inspiring customers to adopt AWS.
They help develop a shared vision, supporting the customer through the challenges of cloud adoption, demonstrating the reality of the vision and motivating customers to accelerate their adoption of the Cloud. AWS is looking for someone who is passionate about:
· Supporting executives from C-level to Heads of Function to inspire them to adopt the AWS Cloud
· Help identifying motivators for cloud adoption and unlocking challenges that customers may face
· Help architecting AWS cloud native solutions as well as and hybrid AWS and on-premise solutions
· Getting feedback from common customer requirements into AWS service development teams
· A Bachelors degree (computer science preferred); Masters/MBA/PhD degree preferred.
· 15+ years of IT experience as a technical specialist or consultant in Customer-facing roles.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including group leadership and executive presentations.
· Significant experience working in an evangelism or technical executive role
· Strong knowledge and experience with cloud computing infrastructure, application development platforms and popular programming languages
· Willingness and ability to work autonomously, with some domestic & international travel. This role will be primarily based in an AWS location in central London
· A history of successful speaking engagements and industry influence is preferred
Candidates should have experience in the following areas:
· Supporting executive Customer relationships and key business stakeholders.
· Enterprise Architecture Frameworks (e.g. TOGAF, Zachman) and identifying the relationships between business services, information, applications and global infrastructure assets.
· Broad systems experience such as SAP, Oracle, Microsoft and custom Java/.NET applications, or experience in software architecture in two or more of the following areas: Serverless, IoT, Mobile Application Development, data centric applications or web scale applications.
· Designing, building, and operating global IT infrastructures.
· A proven track record of managing and delivering large-scale enterprise IT projects.
· 10 to 15 years’ experience in IT Infrastructure and/or software development, with special emphasis in areas of Compute, Storage, Databases, Networking, Application Services, Big Data and distributed computing.
· Practical experience in cloud computing architecture work, systems or application design, development or operations is a requirement.
· Past experience on Cloud Computing platforms is preferred. Working knowledge of AWS platform a bonus.
· Strong knowledge and experience with social / online marketing coupled with prior experience in product definition, bring-to-market strategies and setting an industry standard
· Outstanding public speaking and presentation skills.
· Pre-established credibility and recognition in speaking engagements and technology publications is preferred.
· Extensive industry contacts in the software development field and the ability to work cooperatively with, and gain the respect of, senior technologists is a must.