9 months ago
Process and Operations Manager
More information about this job
The Economist Group logo
The Economist Group is the leading source of analysis on international business and world affairs. We deliver our information through a range of formats, from newspapers and magazines to conferences and electronic services. What ties us together is the objectivity of our opinion, the originality of our insight and our advocacy of economic and political freedom around the world.
The Economist Media Businesses Division provides clients with marketing solutions, going beyond traditional advertising services to create integrated solutions involving advertising, sponsorship and content marketing services. Clients of the Media Businesses Division should receive clever, insightful ideas that solve their marketing problems, and which are delivered flawlessly from one world-class team.
We are currently seeking an Operations and Process Manager to work in the Sales Services team within our Global Media Businesses division. This role will be responsible for collating requirements for several business as usual projects as well as helping to document and make changes to new and existing processes that impact not just Sales Services, but also other internal teams. The Sales Services team is responsible for providing sales support to the advertising sales teams globally from order to invoice, and for advertising revenue reporting on a global basis across print, digital and online platforms. The team also performs an important role in data quality of the customer database, as well as checking invoices prior to dispatching to clients.
In this role you will be expected to:
* Gather business requirements, interpret and document process for Sales Services and all departments working with Sales Services and its systems worldwide, e.g Finance and Production for new business applications/systems and from Sales and Management for reporting.
* Liaise with team members and all departments surrounding Sales Services, e.g. Sales, Finance and Production, on business issues and requests, reporting back to the Sales Services Director with possible solutions and service improvements
* Suggest and manage process improvements and re-engineering for the Sales Services department alongside the Ad Control Manager and the Sales Services Director
* Manage small projects, to include:
* creation of project plan, timelines and action logs
* leading project team meetings
* creation of data structure model and rules
* maintaining project documentation
* coordination and management of system testing
* providing reporting required using appropriate systems
* assisting with the production of business case, project initiation document and budget
* Facilitating requirements gathering workshops
* Management of user acceptance testing and user training
* Design, test and training of reports for internal customers
* Document requirements and existing processes (Data Flows, Reporting, Data Gaps, etc.)
* Advise and build a strategy around system integration with a view to creating efficiency
* Ensure wherever possible, the design and delivery of solutions integrates seamlessly with existing process and practices, and does not impact on current operations
Experience, skills and professional attributes
To succeed in this role you will be able to demonstrate:
* Experience in process mapping, improvement and change management
* Experience in gathering business requirements and facilitating meetings/workshops
* Demonstrable experience of Data gathering, Problem Solving, Collaboration, Planning, Initiative and adaptability
* Knowledge of project lifecycle and methodology
* Knowledge of how to reconcile numbers from different sources
* Knowledge of how to analyse sales information in the most effective way to sales and finance people
* Excellent written skills with the ability to produce specifications including data requirements, business process flows, user interface changes, use cases and 3rd party package specifications
* Attention to detail, organised and methodical approach
* That you enjoy multi-tasking and executing multiple business projects/workstreams with short delivery timelines
* Be able to work with minimal supervision, having a keen eye for detail and ensuring all information produced meets the highest accuracy levels
* Strong interpersonal skills and stakeholder management
* High level of technical competency with experience using standard analytical tools such as MS excel, VBA and SQL and strong word and powerpoint skills
If this role matches your skills, experience and motivations then please submit your CV with a covering note identifying why you feel you would be a great addition to the team along with your salary expectations.
In return, we provide a supportive and progressive environment with a wide range of opportunities for you to grow both personally and professionally.
The Economist Group values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, colour, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age.