30 days ago
* Bachelor's degree in a technical field or equivalent practical experience.
* Experience in analyzing large datasets, working with data visualization tools and creating dashboards.
* Experience in analyzing data, creating reports, using spreadsheet software, database query (e.g. SQL) and quantitative modelling.
* Master's degree or equivalent practical experience.
* Experience working with large and multiple datasets/data warehouses, with the ability to pull from such data sets using relevant programs and coding.
* Demonstrated ability to clearly communicate complex products and partnership models to stakeholders at all levels
* Demonstrated experience applying data visualization best practices, including experience with data visualization platforms (Data Studio, Tableau).
About the job
Help serve Google's worldwide user base of more than a billion people. Product Analysts provide quantitative support, market understanding and a strategic perspective to our partners throughout the organization. As a data-loving member of the team, you serve as an analytics expert for your partners, using numbers to help them make better decisions. You will weave stories with meaningful insight from data. You'll make critical recommendations for your fellow Googlers in Engineering and Product Management. As a self-starter, you relish tallying up the numbers one minute and communicating your findings to a team leader the next.
As a Product Analyst on the Google Play Developer Analytics team, you will be working with multiple stakeholders across Play to define metrics and deliver insightful data and analysis. The principal goal of your analyses will be to drive better product decisions for the Play Console, our developers and users. You will be responsible for translating data into meaningful interpretations and recommendations and, where relevant, implement process improvements. The metrics and analyses you develop will serve as a key input in product development and operations decision-making. You will work collaboratively across Play Product Management and Engineering on a daily basis.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
* Build data and reporting infrastructure to scale out measurement efforts
* Define and execute experiments, metrics and statistical analysis to objectively evaluate feature success
* Lead deep dive analyses for Play, focusing on product features and user experience recommendations
* Partner with Program Managers, Engineers and UX to provide valuable insights and success measurement